PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

Sal W
21-03-12, 21:17
Hi, I'm so glad I found this site! I am struggling with health anxiety which I think is linked to perimenopause. I have been unable to function normally for about two weeks and am sleep deprived and experiencing constant hypnic jerks and twitching when trying to sleep. I am looking forward to reading more posts and sharing my own thoughts. I am going to see a neurologist tomorrow which is good but also scary!

diane07
21-03-12, 21:20
Hi Sal W

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
21-03-12, 21:21
Hi Sal and a big, warm :welcome: to NMP

I'm sure you'll make lots of friends on here who share your experiences. It's really helped me.

Take care and good luck for tomorrow.

Pip xx

Julianne
22-03-12, 20:07
Welcome Sal W,
Tomorrow has now arrived and is today so I hope all went well for you.
You will find a lot of support on this site so know you are among friends.
Love

Sal W
31-03-12, 15:16
Welcome Sal W,
Tomorrow has now arrived and is today so I hope all went well for you.
You will find a lot of support on this site so know you are among friends.
Love

Hi Julianne,
Thank you for your kind message. Went to neurologist and he said I have PLMS which has been made worse by my raging anxiety. I was relieved in the short term but still think only an MRI will make me believe I haven't got a brain tumour. Am now on 2mg diazepam which is taking the edge off my anxiety but I know I can't stay on it forever. Still really scared as have trace of blood in my urine which also needs investigating. Just want my life back. Take care, Sal x

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Hi Sal and a big, warm :welcome: to NMP

I'm sure you'll make lots of friends on here who share your experiences. It's really helped me.

Take care and good luck for tomorrow.

Pip xx

Thank you Pip. All went well but as with health anxiety still not entirely reassured. Seem to be permanently scared and not functioning well at all. Hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel, take care Sal x