PDA

View Full Version : Terrified its something serious

hazy
22-03-12, 06:37
On Tuesday lunchtime I suddenly started feeling really rough with a temperature, I had lower abdom ache and got into Docs that afternoon, he tested my urine which was fine and said could be start of a UTI (urinary tract infection) I have no other symptoms but just keep burning up and shaking, taking paracetamol and Ibuprophen. Been on Amoxicillin since around 3.30 on Tues and its a 3 a day course for 5 days, but this morning I still feel really rough, can anyone put my mind at rest :weep:

paula lynne
22-03-12, 09:44
Hi, Im sure you will be feeling a whole lot better once youve completed the course of anti-biotics ( for the suspected UTI). Rest up as much as you can, eat well, and get some sleep. If you still feel like this by Sunday, ring your GP. Try not to worry x

Kellybobz
22-03-12, 10:01
If its a virus it will have to run its course and antibiotics will not have any effect. Maybe thats why you feel no benefit from them yet. REST, DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS AND KEEP WITH THE PARACETAMOL/ IBUPROFEN. If it was a virus they can last longer than a week but if you are concerned still in a few days ring your GP x

hazy
22-03-12, 10:13
Thank you to both of you, thinking back it could be a urine infection due a few odd things building upto this, I suppose the fact that when the Doc tested it and it was normal worried me. You know what its like with HA and the fact that the slightest thing gets blown out of proportion, just hate feeling this way and worry its something more serious, if the urine was a positive infection I would be ok!! Thanks anyway x

paula lynne
22-03-12, 10:17
Yea, I think you got prescribed a broad spectrum anti-biotic to cover all the bases really. I hope you are feeling a bit better today, and get to enjoy some of the lovely sunshine xxx