PDA

View Full Version : boobs, lumps and all that jazz

miss sparkle
22-03-12, 08:57
Hi everyone. It has been a while since i posted.
Very long story short was suffering dizziness and headaches pretty much constantly throughout Jan and Feb, back and forth to docs, blood tests etc, all fine, then i found i lump in my breast.
Totally shocked me, headaches and dizziness went away almost instantly when i had something else to worry about!
Anyway, got refered to breast clinic and they done a ultrasound, no biopsy, given all clear, but still think i have breast cancer.
I have heard ultrasounds on their own are not that reliable, but to be honest i am confused s to weather i am justified in being worried or if its my ha .
My only option is to return to gp and demand another referral or try and sort out a private scan, which i have no idea how much it would be or how to go about it.
My head is mush and i feel like no one takes me seriously anymore. Almost like the boy who cried wolf!

paula lynne
22-03-12, 09:53
Morning miss Sparkle :)
I think your H.A is indeed playing tricks on you. Youve been given the all clear, focus on that. Nothing is ever 100%, and that is a valid worry, but the scans are so detailed that they pick up the slightest anomaly....a lot of women have lumpy breasts, and its fibrous tissue that gets bigger and smaller through the course of a normal month as our hormones change. Obviously, if the lump gets bigger, or becomes painful, go back to your GP. For now, TRUST that you have been given the all clear.

Have a good day, enjoy the sunshine! :)