PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat every morning

and_y
22-03-12, 22:00
Hi guys for the last 2 months maby even more i have been waking with a sore throat in the morning but the weird thing is in the last week i have been sleeping in the living room the sore throat seems to have gone is it possible I am allergic to something in my bed room?

vicky23
23-03-12, 10:37
yeah it certainly makes sense if you only get the sore throat in your bedroom. I guess the test would be to go back into your bedroom and if you wake up with a sore throat then chances are it is an allergen in there. It could be your pillow or your bed maybe?

Ingenious
23-03-12, 17:57
Actually I'd put forward a different suggestion and it's this: Are you snoring and that's giving you a sore throat? I know that's an impossible question to answer. But if your body is in a different posture in the other room, you might be snoring less. From personal experience in my drinking days, I used to snore like a trooper all night, and I had a constant aching and sore throat and a dull pain in my neck. When I stopped drinking and my sleep got better, the sore throat went completely. Just another thing to consider!

PinkRoxy
26-03-12, 06:11
I wake up with a sore throat every morning too. I think its to do with allergies since I tend to get them really bad. Flixonase usually helps the severity of it but I still get the odd sinus headache and itchy eyes but I dont get the congestion.

Anyway I would just look into getting some anti allergy medicine and see if that helps.

and_y
26-03-12, 12:10
Im thinking its allergies since its only in the bedroom the only prob is im unsure what it could be.

Mick081081
26-03-12, 12:51
Hi, Is there any black mould in your room on a wall behind something? I had the same problem while working away in a hotel and found black mould on the wall behind the bed, As soon as the mould was removed it stopped happening. just a thought. It's caused by damp apparently and is pretty common. Hope this helps.

and_y
26-03-12, 12:54
There was some black mould on the blinds ive cleaned it up so ill see if that was the cause.

Mick081081
26-03-12, 13:16
That could have caused it, have a look behind anything up against the wall and check there's none there. Apparently it spaws into the air which causes irritation of the throat. Happy hunting and give it a good zap with the old dettol.