PDA

View Full Version : what causes the lightheaded symptom?

violents0ciety1
28-06-06, 17:24
what is the actual reason why we get it? how does it tie into anxiety? if it is anxiety, will prozac/luvox/paxil or anything like that help this symptom? i really want to take a break and use meds so i can get through school. any advice?

giddy
28-06-06, 17:44
Hi
It can be caused by muscle tension in your neck affecting the balance mechanisms in your ears and it can also be caused by panic - I think I read somewhere it was the effect of excess adrenaline on your brain. I can't help you with the meds because I've never taken any.
Love Helen

tulip123
28-06-06, 21:45
I have started getting this now I am coming off my meds. I try not to worry about it as I know that it will go away over time.

Tulip

violents0ciety1
29-06-06, 00:44
to tulip123: did you get this while you were on your meds? or did you have it before going on meds? if you did, did the medication help it? what medication were you on?

carol1969
29-06-06, 09:44
I personally think the lightheadedness comes from breathing to quick when we are anxious. I am on medication now and i feel loads better.
Hyperventilation is the state of breathing faster or deeper than necessary, and thereby reducing the carbon dioxide concentration of the blood below normal. This causes various symptoms such as numbness or tingling in the hands, feet and lips, lightheadedness, dizziness, headache, chest pain, slurred speech and sometimes fainting.

Hope this helps!
Carol x

carol1969
29-06-06, 09:49
I personally think the lightheadedness comes from breathing to quick when we are anxious. I am on medication now and i feel loads better.
Hyperventilation is the state of breathing faster or deeper than necessary, and thereby reducing the carbon dioxide concentration of the blood below normal. This causes various symptoms such as numbness or tingling in the hands, feet and lips, lightheadedness, dizziness, headache, chest pain, slurred speech and sometimes fainting.

Hope this helps!
Carol x

carol1969
29-06-06, 09:52
Whoops clicked the refresh button seems to have put the message in twice.
Sorry and good luck
Carol x

violents0ciety1
29-06-06, 18:50
which medication do you use? did it take care of your lightheadedness feeling? i really hope that medication will take care of that symptom for me, cause i need that to go away so i can concentrate with school? i have the lightheadedness 24/7 and its really bad and annoying and i always feel faint. i just dont get that with the breathing. like that its because i overbreathe or hyperventilate. i feel lightheaded all of the time but i only feel like im hyperventilating when i get a panic attack. does this make sense? if im not hpyerventilating at the moment would i still be feeling lightheaded from hyperventilating before? or maybe we always hyperventilate, just not as much so its not that noticable? im just worried when people say that because it makes me think i always breathe the wrong way and itll never get fixed. but anyways, im going to the pyschiatrist today pretty soon finally, and im supposed to get diagosed and possible get medication.

Di
29-06-06, 19:09
Giddy, that's interesting about the muscle tension in your neck affecting the balance mechanisms in your ears, I get that light headed feeling a lot and suffer with very tense neck muscles.

giddy
30-06-06, 07:17
Hi
How do you sleep? Exhaustion can also make some people feel lightheaded and dizzy?
Love Helen