PDA

View Full Version : help with applying for esa :/

hello
23-03-12, 07:09
hello,

i finally made it to the doctor after months of nothing ("unable" to go to the job centre) having left my job months ago.

i got a sick note (for panic attacks and gut problems) and have to have a blood test to help diagnosis.

i am going to apply for esa over the phone and even more hopefully going to get some money backdated, i have amassed considerable debts :( and have been unable to work.

should i ring up now and apply asap ? or await the results of my blood test (when i have it) so i can tell the people at the job centre "medical terminology" down the phone.

will they back date money from before when the first sick note starts ?

is it silly applying for esa when i haven't been "diagnosed" with anything mentally or physically yet ?

thanks!

macc noodle
23-03-12, 08:47
Errr not sure I know the answer to this but am I correct in assuming that you are already receiving JSA?

If so, then they are the right people to ask for guidance I guess.

Not sure that u are going to be rewarded that handsomely that u will clear debts with ESA though!!

bernie1977
23-03-12, 09:26
Hi,

The ESa form is a nightmare to complete. I got help from my local DIAL to complete it. If you don't have a DIAL in your area the Welfare Rights and Citizens Advice will help with the completion of the form if you feel you need help.

You have to score so many points to qualify for ESA and it also helps your case a great deal if you have supporting evidence, in the form a letter from your GP explaining your problems and how these would effect your ability to work.

There is a website called benefits and work which is a great help.

If you pay to join you get access to the guidelines on how the Department of Work and Pensions score you on your illness.

Good luck

hello
23-03-12, 10:36
hello

thanks for the replies,

i am not receiving any sort of benefits at the moments (not receiving JSA), i have no income :/

i just meant the first form to apply for it, the one that you say your illness and any savings you have, then have to send a p45 and a sick note i think ?

i had a look at the form online and can't afford the printer ink to print off the 50 odd pages so i was going to ring up (as advised on the back of the sick note) ? and then try and apply that way; is that a bad idea ?

i didn't mean to pay off my debts, just help start to do so hehe

i have been unable to get to the job center since leaving my job and only just managed to get to the doctors

thanks!

doodah
23-03-12, 11:17
Hello,

Really sorry to hear about yoru health and financial situation. If it were me I think I would phone the Citizens Advice first to explain your situation and I'm sure they'll be able to advise you. Just be as honest as you can with them about your debts. I think they'll be having a lot of people in your situation contacting them. You certainly can't live on no money at all! I'd ring them as soon as possible to get the ball rolling. All this worry won't be doing your anxiety much good so best to get something started soon.

Take care,:hugs:

Wendy