PDA

View Full Version : Heavy head and dizzy

turnthelighton
23-03-12, 12:56
Do any of you get a heavy head, band like pressure and feel off balance? That's how I feel. Started my cbt yesterday which fingers crossed is going to help. Went to drs again this morning explaining my on going symptoms and that I am so scared I have a brain tumour. He said there is nothing physically wrong with me, it's all anxiety and stress and that the brain is very powerful. He also said that I am have started to face my fears starting the cbt and things will get worse before they get better.

frenchbean
23-03-12, 12:59
Hi. Yes, I often feel this way - it seems to be worse when walking out on the street or in the dark - I can feel very off balance. I also can feel dizzy or get full blown vertigo attacks. I used to think it was unrelated to anxiety but now I think it all might be part of it. Well done on starting your CBT. I hope it makes a difference for you.

turnthelighton
23-03-12, 13:51
Thank you frenchbean for your reply. Is such a scary symptom I feel I will faint but I dont.

Staceydf
23-03-12, 16:48
Hello, I first started feeling dizziness and off balance last summer, i was convinced there was something wrong with me and it wasn't anxiety related. I also suffered with a racing heart, which raced so fast it would beat out of rhythm.
I found my symptoms became better towards the end of the day (when the day was almost over). As time went on I learnt to accept that it was anxiety related and nothing was going to happen to me. I had all my blood tests done, an ecg etc and it was all found to be clear. As time went on my symptoms got better.
A month ago, I contracted the flu virus and my anxiety returned, I'm now starting at square one again, the dizziness, feeling lightheaded, the shakiness inside, it's horrible, but what I do know is it does get better, it just takes time x