PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Anxiety/Dep + Citalopram

jacks1769
23-03-12, 13:12
Hi
Been struggling with anxiety and feeling depressed (or not happy or me!) since off and on last summer when overcome with acute dental issues/pain. Long treatment and many painkillers. Felt more and more not me since Autumn - finally went to docs and got 10mg of cit in Feb. Have had anxiety/panic attacks when younger and in 20s (took paroxetine/seroxat - worked well).
So due to my fear of side effects etc only taking 5mg of cit - but think should take dosage doc said to - maybe not on enough as still dont feel a lot better.
Also someone mentioned that taking Vit B and 12 can help with anxiety etc. Any other info/advice welcomed.
ps dental issues all resoved but too 8 months of arduous pain and meds. Think it completely wiped me out and hence anxiety resurfaced.

thanks

LAURA48
23-03-12, 17:04
Hi - sorry you are having a bad time - horrid isn't it - I do think you need to up your dose as 5mg isn't very much - do as your doctor suggests as 10mg is still a low dose - you shouldn't get many side effects but you definitely need to go up a dose. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura x