PDA

View Full Version : Worried!

ScottyW
23-03-12, 14:03
Hi,

Just need some reassurance with my heart. I've had two ecg's and two blood tests which included a cardio blood test or something? The problem is I've been hearing about the Sudden Death syndrome, or thinking about it at least. All of my tests came back normal, should I worry if something like this can develop or is it something you're born with that is often undetected?

RosieXXX
23-03-12, 14:36
Hello Scotty,

I am certain Sudden Death syndrome is something which you are born with, and can be detected. I know of someone who has this syndrome running through their family. She and other members have had their hearts checked out - it turns out she is vulnerable and has been fitted with a pacemaker. Since all your heart tests have come back perfectly normal, you should feel reassured there is nothing for you to be concerned about.

Carys
23-03-12, 15:04
Hi Scotty,

I have just copied and pasted this from a site called CRY (cardiac risk in the young) and it says....

There is a simple way to diagnose most of the abnormalities that can lead to sudden death. This is by having an ECG (electrocardiogram) test.

So, as you've had two ECG tests, the chances of anything missed must be practically zero.

kinnygirl1
23-03-12, 18:10
Hi Scotty,

I have just copied and pasted this from a site called CRY (cardiac risk in the young) and it says....

So, as you've had two ECG tests, the chances of anything missed must be practically zero.

Carys - Is that true??? That is so reassuring if it is! I don't go on the CRY site in case I scare myself more!

Carys
24-03-12, 07:41
That's what it says !!! :D I'll see if I can find the link....

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

CRY say :

There is a simple way to diagnose most cardiac abnormalities. This is by having an ECG (electrocardiogram) test. Results should be read by a cardiologist. For extra clarity an Echocardiogram (ultrasound scan - right) can also be done. If there has been a young (under 35) sudden death in the family, the family is entitled to be screened on the NHS.

I don't advocate searching websites or the internet, but if you wish to read the page in full...............

http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/general_information_on_cardiac_s.htm

kinnygirl1
24-03-12, 20:17
Carys -thank you hun - will have a think about whether I want to read the page! :)

Jen20
20-08-13, 20:31
Just found this thread, it's very old but also really relevant to how I feel!! I'm absolutely terrified of this. I have a good job that I worked hard to get, boyfriend I am so in love with and an amazing family and yet all I do is worrry about this syndrome!!! I can hardly eat, don't sleep well and terrified of being on my own. Please help!!!