PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawel irritibility......

Mozzer999
23-03-12, 14:14
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has suffered extreme irritability when stopping escitalopram? It's been about a week now and the usual symptoms are apparent but I have found my temper is like that of a mad man! Not great with an 8 month old daughter either! I’m assuming in time they will pass but a real pain now as I dislike shouting at people ha!

On the whole I’m beginning to dislike ssri’s…My weight gain has been phenomenal but before I suffered with ptsd/gad I was the most laid back person imaginable…And now it would seem I’m the polar opposite. I can’t help feeling these drugs, despite how they can help with anxiety symptoms, may do more harm than good in the long run…….

Be lucky x

grotbags
23-04-12, 19:16
Yes, I experienced those feelings too. In fact, in withdrawal I had serious anger :S It was a weird situation - I would wake in the morning feeling absolutely furious, and could actually say to my family "I feel really angry and I know it's the withdrawals" which we would all laugh about. Sounds contradictory but that's how I felt. It was temporary though and lasted no longer than a few weeks. Has your anger passed yet?

Theme
03-06-12, 14:21
This is interesting, i take Escitalopram and feel that i have problems with irritability and anger particularly after just getting out of bed. I feel really bad then. it tends to disappear as the day go's on but this never happened when i took Seroxat. I had to stop taking Seroxat because of the side effects but it makes me wonder if anyone else notices these feelings with escitalopram?

It almost makes me want to start cutting them out completely but i'm pretty scared to do that as i feel at a kind of vulnerable stage in my life right now and don't want to end up going off my trolley!!!!!

I truly wish i'd never taken anti-depressants in the first place because trying to get off them is hard. On the other hand they may have saved my life when i was really bad so...