PDA

View Full Version : Paracetamol and Ibuprophen Help

hazy
23-03-12, 17:20
Hi,

On Tuesday I suddenly started feeling horrendous with a temperature, I went to the Doctor and he prescribed 500mg of Amoxicillen suspecting a Urine Infection even though my urine was clear. Since then I have been feeling awful, keep getting bouts of a temperature shaking and shivering, my face feels like its on fire.

I went back to the Docs today and had a blood sample and urine sample taken again, but my question is that the only thing that seems to slightly make me feel better is paracetamol, but I have taken the recommended dose today. I took 2 at 3am then 2 at 6.30 and again at 9.30 and again at 14.10.

I am starting to feel rough again, what do I do now, I have alternated Ibuprphen but that doesnt seem to work. With HA aswell I am scared PLease help.

Ingenious
23-03-12, 17:39
If you have already taken the maximum amount of paracetamol and that's the only thing that makes you feel better, there probably isn't a lot you can do now, but from tomorrow it might be worth trying to space the doses out a bit more across the day, so you don't end up having a long time in the afternoon/evening where you can't take it. I found when I was last ill with an infection that paracetamol was better than Ibuprofen and like you in the end had to alternate the two to try and ease things because one alone wasn't enough to get through the day. Urine infections are horrible and sorry to hear you're going through this :(