PDA

View Full Version : My results are in!

MissSunshine
23-03-12, 21:31
I had a blood test earlier this week. I requested one for peace of mind,
I have been getting very weak and faint if i dont eat regularly so thought my sugars were low.

They done a full count, anemia diabetes, thyroid etc..
the receptionist told me my results over the phone, she read: "normal, normal, uh it says you have to talk to a nurse on one result I will have to put you on triage for monday."

I panicked sooo much, i thought something was seriously wrong, so i asked if i could speak to someone today and they sad there so busy and only emergancys, i explained how i have health anxiety and will be panicking all weekend, and 5 minutes on the phone with a doc will put my mind at ease.

So a few minutes late the doctor rang back and said: "All is clear, everything is fine, you dont have diabetes and everything is normal. The only thing is there was something in your blood stream like a viral infection in the last 3 months"

I am so happy and now i can stop worrying something is wrong with me. I have had 2 colds in the last 2 months so thats probably whats wrong, but i have been so convinced something was wrong with me.

This wasnt a post to ask for advice, it was just to share that if your putting off tests because your scared of the result, please go for it, as now the worry is gone i can get on beating the anxiety!

x

xvolatileheart
23-03-12, 21:49
That's so good to hear! I got my blood results back this week and the doctor said everything looked fine. My potassium and phosphate were a bit low but nothing that would cause symptoms. It still has me a bit worried but I'm trying to trust him when he said it's nothing to worry about.

emeraldgirl
23-03-12, 22:06
So pleased for you both. I go for tests next week so will try to take encouragement from you

Em84
24-03-12, 07:48
Yay! Good to hear!

Mine are always normal..always convinced they are wrong but least that's gonna give you peace of mind...

Enjoy the Weekend!

X