PDA

View Full Version : The front of my neck feels swollen SCARED

Worriedgirl87
24-03-12, 00:01
I really am
Scared right now the front of my neck feels swollen .
I'm really scared :((((

nomorepanic
24-03-12, 00:32
This is just anxiety and your HA - it is nothing bad. You have had this before remember?

Worriedgirl87
24-03-12, 00:35
No I don't remember havin this one.

nomorepanic
24-03-12, 00:39
ok you posted about it earlier

I bet you have been poking and prodding it haven't you?

Worriedgirl87
24-03-12, 00:43
Yes I have all day. And when I swollow it feels like I have something stuck in my
Throat. And I have a little bump lymph mode in the front,
I'm scared it feels like my throat feels fat ;(

nomorepanic
24-03-12, 00:55
That is why it hurts cos you keep prodding it

Worriedgirl87
24-03-12, 01:20
I don't know : the left side had been hurting off and on for weeks, not extreme pain but dull pain only on the left side off and on.
I'm really worried about it. :/

I just am so scared. The pain is in the front of the neck .

Its not all the time. Just random times off and on.

But lately the front of my throat has been feeling fatter.
Kind of "swollen". Idk what to do.

Everytime I swallow I feel like I got something in my throat.

I am
Just really really scared :(((((( now I am
Paranoid

Em84
24-03-12, 07:51
Hi Hun

Is it just possible that you may have slept funny or do you remember doing anything strenuous that could have made your next sore?

I had a mad feeling with swallowing and it turned out to be a throat infection, I got anti b's then it was fine.

Xxx

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

Neck : &

Worriedgirl87
24-03-12, 22:24
I've been having off and on pain left side of the front of the neck.

I'm starting to get scared its a blood clot .......

Has anyone had this before?????????????

nomorepanic
24-03-12, 22:35
Will merge with your other post

socij
04-06-12, 07:13
Hello, I'm sian and I like to conciser myself an anxiety veteran. I've head what you are describing and I can tell you random pains are common in all people. I've had dull pains and thought the same as you and even have a panic attack so bad that one side of my face felt numb and I went to the hospital.

anyway, unless you are REALLY hurting or it's something that won't go away then check with your doctor. It sounds like this just comes now and then to you, right? Do you ever feel this way when doing something that takes all your focus? You are probably just hyper aware of what is going on in your body, something that happens with anxiety all the time. You can see a doctor if that helps you calm down, but it sounds like normal body pains to me. I used to freak out every time they would come around until I realized they never lasted long and only seemed to matter when I was anxious.

hope this helps a bit, I know most of the time words won't help when it comes to anxiety, but I can try, right? =]

Remember, when anxiety hits it exaggerates, so you might "feel" like you're swollen, but you probably aren't. I've had it many times.