PDA

View Full Version : Sleep - Lack of......

IainP
24-03-12, 11:25
I have been on 20 mg (starting dose) of cit for 7 weeks which i take early in the morning. I have been on zopilclone for all but 3 days of this period. Initially I was prescribed 11.75 mg but have been graudally reducing this to 3.75 mg per night. If I manage to drop off it is usually only for an hour or two. Sometimes I may drift off for an hour or so about 6 or 7 am. I occasionally take 2g valium if and when required. I feel cit has done some good will I have been on it. However, when I next visit my doctor should I ask to go on another AD which might help me sleep. I have the relaxation cd, take the milky drink before going to bed etc.

Em84
25-03-12, 20:29
Hi

I think if your generally concerned of your lack of sleep def discuss this with your GP. I have been on two meds, Citalopram (2 days) and Sertraline (5 weeks) I took myself off both as the effects were insane and I was getting quite upset...on the Sertralone I would have terrible night sweats and it def effected me. He offered to put me on something else but I said no as the 2 didn't work and I wanted to leave it for a bit.....I tried halving the Sertraline about 3.5 weeks in to lower the dose but it didn't really make a difference.

There are a good few...its about finding the right one for you....

Xx
:hugs:

lee20
25-03-12, 20:49
hi when i was having trouble with sleeping my doctor recommended starting on mirtazapine 45mg as he would not be able to carry on prescribing me zopilclone or valium for fear of addiction. i was on mirtazapine for over a year and it did improve my sleep a lot. so maybe that might help with your sleeping? ive been on sertraline 12 weeks now and my sleeping is getting really bad again