PDA

View Full Version : please some 1 talk to me, I'm terrified that I've got reactive hypoglycemia

eightieschild
24-03-12, 12:21
I'm terrified that I've got an issue with my blood sugar that I can't control, I can't go too long without eating between meals, if I do then I get shakey, extreme panic, dizzy. Had all the tests and nothing has come up. Why do I keep suffering with this? I'm scared, I'm crying because I don't think ill ever get control of it, and to top it off I've put on so much weight due to eating more to stop my blood sugar levels from dropping I just want to be normal, I'm only 26 and this has been with me 4 years, plz some 1 talk to me x

doodah
24-03-12, 12:46
Hello - I don't know anything about reactive hypoglycemia so can't really help you on that one. I would say though that if your doctor as tested your blood they would have found any signs if they had been there? I think a lot of people get the same symptoms when they're stressed out and, if like me, you have health anxiety it can lead to a vicious circle of worrying you have something dreadfully wrong and almost bringing the symptoms on. My daughter is on medication for anxiety (can't remember the name of them though!) and she's had to come off them because one of the side effects is having an almost uncontrollable appetite!!

Can you go and see your doctor again and explain how worried you are?

I'm hoping someone who knows more about your symptoms will come along and put your mind at rest. Try to stay as calm as possible (easier said than done!).

Take care,

Wendy xx

eightieschild
24-03-12, 12:53
Thanks wendy, I just can't seem to take my doctors word for it. Its not normal to feel shakey when u haven't eaten, I used to go hours without eating n now I can't even for 3 hours without feeling ill n sicky. I just don't think its normal. Like I look at every 1 every day and I think I wonder how he/she feels when hungry, I feel absolutley awful x

Tish
24-03-12, 19:26
I'm like this eightieschild.
Please try not to worry, I've just accepted that it's 'the way I am' and have learned what to eat to keep me going.
You need a low GI diet. For me, protien with every meal is the best thing and always carry some food around with you in case you 'crash'. I always have a snickers bar or peanut m&m's in my bag for emergencies.
The symptoms are similar to diabetes but I've been tested and come back negative.
Two of my 3 sons inherited this also but they don't worry about it.