PDA

View Full Version : today I am consumed with anxiety

kittikat
24-03-12, 13:11
So, today I am totally consumed with anxiety and my head feels like it's about to explode. I didn't sleep at all last night and I just cannot shake the feelings today. I have done something stupid and believe I have made rather a fool of myself. I just can't let go of these awful thoughts and feelings. What is done cannot be undone, it's nothing major, (but my anx keeps telling me it is) so it just keeps rolling around in my head and I don't know how to switch it off. Over analysing and re-living what is done really doesn't help but it just won't stop....how do I make my mind move on from this? I just feel so stupid :weep:
Kitti

miniminx
24-03-12, 15:03
in felt just like you two weeks ago and still do on the odd day....are you on medication? i started mine 14 days ago so hopefully theyll be starting to work.
i imagined alsorts believe me, i thought i was going mad..losing control and imagined i was having some sort of break down......i now know differently.
its hard work ignoring the thoughts that are so scarey....but i do feel better.
a bit shaky but hopefully getting there........the support youll get from on here is immense........ xxxx

kittikat
24-03-12, 15:58
Thank you tis-me2006. I am on diaz but it isn't related to that. I do appreciate your comments though and hopefully it will pass.

I hope your progress goes well, I know some meds can make you feel worse in the first few weeks, let's hope you are over the worst now :) I have met some lovely people on here and this has helped me alot in my journey. I hope it's the same for you. Kitti xx

kittikat
25-03-12, 13:06
Update....feel like s**t again today, had a bad anxiety attack this morning, but I did manage to stop it from becoming a full blown panic so I think I done well :yesyes:
Trying lots of distraction therapy but this damn bully anxiety is not giving up without a fight, and my mind is all over the place :wacko:...so draining. It's lovely outside, but I am freezing cold and can't even summon up the courage to go out. I believe an extra diazepam is on the cards today, that should help :D lol.....

JT69
25-03-12, 15:51
Hi Kitti

Just wanted to send you a :hugs:I am sorry to read you are experiencing anxiety at the moment...its so hard to shake off when it rears its ugly head.

I guess you know whats causing it at least and eventually as time goes it will make you feel less anxious.

Good you have controlled it not to have a panic attack so thats positive too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.
Jo.xx

kittikat
25-03-12, 17:18
Thank you Jo, I really appreciate your kind words.....don't really know whats causing it 'per se' but there are situations that make it worse if that makes sense.
Sending :hugs: back to you....maybe catch you on the word morph etc later!!

Kitti xx

LAURA48
25-03-12, 17:47
Hi Kittikat - sorry you are feel crap - I am full of anxiety today bloody horrible! You don't know what to do with yourself. The sun is shining and you should be happy but I feel miserable - just when will it end so tiring.

Hope you have a better night's sleep.

Sending you:hugs:

Laura x

kittikat
25-03-12, 18:39
Thank you Laura.
Your're so right, it is bloody horrible!! I haven't even managed to cook the dinner yet lol, I'm exhausted doing nothing.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow and sending you :hugs: too.
Kitti xx

Josie
26-03-12, 18:45
Hey Kitti,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so horrible at the minute. My anxiety has suddenly reared its ugly head after being almost anxiety free for the last 4 years. I've been so proud of myself recently for not allowing it to beat me, and then suddenly driving home last night, all those familiar and frightening feelings started to surge through my body. It's strange how much power they seem to have. But on a brighter note, I have been feeling better today. The adrenalin is still running through my veins and I still have that know in my stomach, but it's a matter of taking each day as it comes.

I hope that you start to feel better really soon. You'll be in my thoughts :hugs:

Stormsky
26-03-12, 18:56
hi Kitti
PM me if you want to talk through it in any more detail....xxx

kittikat
26-03-12, 21:00
Hey Kitti,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so horrible at the minute. My anxiety has suddenly reared its ugly head after being almost anxiety free for the last 4 years. I've been so proud of myself recently for not allowing it to beat me, and then suddenly driving home last night, all those familiar and frightening feelings started to surge through my body. It's strange how much power they seem to have. But on a brighter note, I have been feeling better today. The adrenalin is still running through my veins and I still have that know in my stomach, but it's a matter of taking each day as it comes.

I hope that you start to feel better really soon. You'll be in my thoughts :hugs:

Hi Josie, thank you for your reply. I'm going through a bit of a blip at the moment and I too was almost anx free for a couple of years. Those feelings are so awful aren't they? I do hope it's just a one off for you and glad you're feeling better today. Best not to dwell, or so they say :)
Sending :hugs: back to you. Stay well. Kitti xx

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

hi Kitti
PM me if you want to talk through it in any more detail....xxx

Thanks so much Stormsky....might take you up on that if it continues to haunt me :hugs: Kitti xx