PDA

View Full Version : Hi this is me :)

DaveUK40m
24-03-12, 14:05
I don't really know where to start.
I've always been a strange child. Very clingy.
Wasn't until I found my best friend at 14 that I dare get on a bus and go to town.

Clothes shopping with my mother was my worst nightmare.

I'm 40 now, and have been struggling with booze for around 15 years.
It stopped giving me confidence and ive been in and out of hospital to detox a couple of times.

I have 5 year spurts of good times, lost my fiancée due to a relapse with drink.
On Anti depressants now (sertraline). Drinking has slowed down. But coffee and Xanax have replaced it.

Currently unemployed. Don't know were to turn.. Withdrawal now from Xanax which started me drinking again.

Sorry for the negativity , but this is me. I've been twice to AA , but it was too cultish and i've been in a Buddhist cult for 18 months that almost destroyed me...

Just need to get a job and put the past behind me ,
D.
x

diane07
24-03-12, 14:06
Hi DaveUK40m

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
24-03-12, 14:33
Hi Dave and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x

chris22
24-03-12, 16:53
Hey just wanna come in and say i also have a proble with alcohol, im 23 hang in there mate.

kittikat
24-03-12, 17:12
Hey Dave, welcome. Sounds like you been having a pretty rough time. Some lovely helpful & supportive people on here...hope you get something positive from joining. All the best, Kitti :)

shaka
24-03-12, 17:35
Hi Dave just want to say:welcome: