PDA

View Full Version : bad lightheadedness never leaving me

lucy_21
24-03-12, 14:17
I have posted a few posts on the constant lightheadness feeling i have and it is constant when i am walking anywhere. I have been trying to acsept it and some days it feels like it is not as bad and i think 'oh good' but today it has been worse again and i havent been thinking or doing anything different. It also is worse if i go in a shop or an indoor center but it is still bad outside and everywhere too.
I just dont know why if i have not changed my thinking or anything then why is it bad again? It didnt even go away completely but i thort it was getting better but now it is worse again.
Thanks. xxxxx

stamags
24-03-12, 15:12
hi
I am exactly the same and at the moment am really fed up with it as i feel it is hindering me from getting any better. When I am out it feels like I am not walking in a straight line and inside a supermarket or shop it is the weirdest feeling. Dont know if its anxiety or the citalopram I have been on for 8 weeks.

LAURA48
24-03-12, 15:21
Hi - you are not on your own my mum gets its too - it is anxiety related and horrible - sometimes it can be medication related but I have been having it since I have been poorly. Hoping it will go soon!

AngelHeart
24-03-12, 19:01
Hi, I get it too unfortuanatly and its one symptom of anxiety I absolutly hate . How long have you been having it for ? xx

lucy_21
24-03-12, 19:19
Just over a year now and i can tell you that it is the worst thing that has happened to me in my life and thats saying something. I just want it to go. I am constantly fatigued too like i have not life or energy all the time constently.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

AngelHeart
24-03-12, 19:23
Yep, I get the fatigued too :( Just wish I could feel normal again. I had PND 10 years ago but I also have HA , Gad and depression and panic attacks. Got through it all with just me having mild attacks and worry every now and again and it all came back with a vengence last year and I feel like I'm stuck in a vicious circle now which I can't get out of. I really feel for you , its awful and lightheadeness is far worse than anything else I think xxxx

Steel
24-03-12, 21:46
I had a constant dizziness/imbalance for all of February and the first half of March. It was so irritating and stressful. I went to the doctors twice and they had my reflexes checked, but they said they were fine. The second time I went the doctor gave me some meds, but I wound up never buying them because it felt like it was going away--even though it cam back for a while. I kind of just suffered and endured it.

The past week I didn't notice it at all and felt relieved--but today after doing the laundry I'm feeling very light-headed and my chest feels like it's tickling me too. So annoying! Dx

Is this all really just anxiety-related? I can't always help but wonder if there's an underlying reason like not eating right or not getting enough exercise.

xvolatileheart
29-03-12, 23:59
Feel this all the time as well. It could just be the hyperventilation caused by constant anxiety - we get into bad breathing patterns where we take in too much oxygen and don't breath out enough carbon dioxide. I'm trying to focus on my breathing to help but it's really difficult.

lucy_21
03-04-12, 10:10
I have had my oxygen levels thing checked and it was perfect. I feel that I know it deffanantly is anxiety or else I would not have joined this site. I just dont seem to be getting any better. I o ou with the intention of just acsepting the lightheadedness and floating with it just saying to myself it is anxiety it is ok nothing bad will happen ect, ect. but it just is not doing anything for me and yesterday it was so bad. I knew it was anxiety yet i did not feel any better.
I also resd that a recovered person had put that always thinking and reading about anxiety does not help so i am confused as to if that would mean that i shouldnt be using this site??? Although it was just as bad when i didnt. I am so so stuck.
I am back home for my uni easter break and i am just not even enjoying it because i cant even go for a walk without it leaving me and it has been iver a year now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For people that have recovered from the lightheadedness, please, is there anything you can say that helps it to go away? anything at all? thx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xvolatileheart
03-04-12, 22:31
Just know that you're not alone. I feel like I'm doing much better with my breathing and I still have a lot of lightheadedness and feel like I can't focus as well as I used to.

If you feel that using the site is more helpful than hurtful, then continue using it. There's a balance between not ignoring your panic and not obsessing over it. I asked myself the same thing when I signed up, but actually I realized I get a lot of relief from knowing I'm not alone, so it's been helpful to me. Sometimes I don't come on for a couple of days because I feel I'm doing well.