PDA

View Full Version : Please.... I need your advice

PinkRoxy
24-03-12, 18:59
The last few days I have found some bits of blood in my poo, I dont know if its actually blood or not but its definitely red and its all through it (sorry about the tmi)

Anyway my doctor gave me a sample kit where I send in samples over three days. Because Path lab was open yesterday I decided to send in my first sample then because I was really worried and wanted to know some results quikly. I am so worried that my GP is going to ring me and give me some bad news.

I shouldnt have bowel cancer as it doesnt run in my family at all. My dad said he found some blood in his poo sometime last year and got a colonoscopy and they said they just found some inflammation. I dont know but Im assuming he suffers with this bowels just as much as I do. I have IBS and recently have had a constand dull pelvic pain and bowel pain. I usually have it anyway but lately its there alot not really painful but just mildly painful.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be the blood in my poo? I just want to make sure it wont be anything serious because there was def something. I could just have what my dad has but he is in his 50s and just found out as I am only in my 20s.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated thankyou.

bottleblond
24-03-12, 19:18
It can be food too, like beetroot, red peppers etc.

Also if it is blood, it could be something as simple as piles.

Try not to worry too much hun.

Lisa
x

PinkRoxy
24-03-12, 19:21
Thanks. Yeah I dont eat beetroot at all my gp did ask me that too.

I will try not to worry and I really doubt it could be cancer as there are so many other things it could be aye.

bottleblond
24-03-12, 19:29
Plus i'm sure bowel cancer is more likely to effect the older generation.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

x

emeraldgirl
24-03-12, 19:30
Sorry you are going through this. It is really unlikely to be cancer if you're only 20. Most likely to be piles or some food. There are lots of things that can cause your symptoms and you have age on your side. I hope your results are ok

AngelHeart
24-03-12, 20:58
It can also be a little tear in your back passage thats causing this. Sometimes if your stools are too hard or you strain too much they can make little tears that bleed. I know because I get them also. I'm sure its nothing to worry about at all but glad your Dr is being thorough with you xx

PinkRoxy
24-03-12, 22:39
Thanks. I think I know what tears you mean. But I havent had constipation in a while in fact they have been like darrhoea sometimes but mostly need to go alot and really soft.

I guess I will just have to find out next week I wouldnt really care about it if everything is alright. I think the poo samples are the first port of call to tell if anything is wrong I guess.

PinkRoxy
25-03-12, 06:07
Geez ok so I have been having pelvic pain and bowel pain Im so sure it was some inflammation going on now its kind of turned into a period pain kind of feeling and I am on the pill and not even suppose to be due for over a week. This is rediculous I dont know what my body is up to but I want it to just stop and be normal and give me a break and save me some dollars on doctor visits *sigh*

FML.

xfilme
25-03-12, 19:15
If it was blood, it would have most likely turned the water pink. If it didnt, chances are within 48 hours before that you ate red peppers or tomato etc x

Kellybobz
25-03-12, 19:43
My partner had blood in his stools. He had piles inside. x