PDA

View Full Version : high blood pressure related anxiety?

sirworryalot
24-03-12, 21:39
can anxiety raise your bp on a regular basis?

I'm 51,slightly overweight otherwise fit, always worried about everything but recently have been particularly stressed out....

had high bp for several yrs and in the last month or so it has shot up - doc increased my 5mg daily dose of lisprinol to 10 then to 20 but its still high.....my little wrist machine ( which i now wear more than my watch....) shows regular readings of 160/105 to 150/90 - now i'm stressing over the readings...which no doubt contine to raise it!

kittikat
24-03-12, 21:49
Hi, I have suffered high BP for a few years now and I am on 3 different tablets a day to control it, this has worked well for many years. My BP came before the anxiety so in my case I don't believe that it is affected by the anx. I know that BP can fluctuate during the day naturally and I'm also not sure how reliable those self check devices are. I know in the early days, I used one and it always worried me if the reading was high so I stopped doing it. My GP checks mine on a regular basis and I am quite cool with it all now. I do know it can take a while to get the meds right so just make sure you are being closely monitored by the doc. Hope you don't worry too much as that is not good for your anx!! Bit of a vicious circle really. Good luck, I'm sure it's nothing to stress over. Kitti :)

sirworryalot
24-03-12, 22:07
oh thanks kitty....i'll put my stupid machine away for awhile...i've only just started on my increase so i guess it will take a few days to kick in...appreciate your post...:)

kittikat
24-03-12, 22:10
I think that's a really good idea, but make sure you get regular professional checks!!