PDA

View Full Version : alone

committeddoxy
24-03-12, 22:16
I have posted a few responses to threads and it has become obvious very few people use this PTSD forum, so i shall say thank you and goodbye as it just makes me feel more isolated.

Pipkin
24-03-12, 22:30
Hi Doxy,

Sorry to see you don't feel you're getting support via the PTSD forum - I'm sure there are people here who would love to hear what you've got to say and chat with you. I understand that getting no response can make you feel isolated and no-one wants you to feel like that.

Rather than give up, why not try posting on the general forums? It's worth a try because I'm sure this site could be really useful for you and I know your experience would help others too.

Take care

Pip xxx

nomorepanic
25-03-12, 02:29
PTSD forum now closed and posts moved to general anxiety

terror-x
25-03-12, 02:46
Hi committed could you tell me some of the problems you are having to be honest I don't know what PTSD is butbimbhere to listen and do are a lot of others

committeddoxy
25-03-12, 19:13
Hi,
firstly I owe a few people an apology; the little box in the top right hand corner says '0' which I took to mean no-one had responded to my posts and now i have stumbled upon a few via 'quick links'.... I'm struggling to find my way around....but I shall start again,

thank you for your response.

PTSD is an anxiety condition, but my experience of it doesn't fall into the 'what if?' cycle of thinking, more of a bodily shut down caused by fearfulness. Stopping breathing, stopping feeling, stopping smelling, stopping existing.

A nice way of putting it is a 'normal reaction to an abnormal occurance' and it occurs after being subjected to or witnessing a life threatening experience.

I think you kind of get stuck with events past and can't help but be fearful of the future.

Thanks again
Doxy