PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! is my brain screwed???

stevesinelgin
24-03-12, 22:43
since 2004 when meds were mucked around...ive had this disturbing feeling that i have to remeber to breathe...been breathing all my life....might forget to breathe....not sure if part of my brain has been messed up by medications ive been on and its never gone away...its impossible to describe and makes me feel very anxious and unable to go anywhere outside my home town...just dont know how such an awful feeling ever could develop....please help me with your suggestions or personal experiences or if youve had the same or similar kind of bizarre thing lasting years...just cant see it ever going away and dont know if a comobo of meds in the past has brought it on....thanks you for reading :welcome::bighug1:Steve

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

not very nice! just makes you think theres something very wrong or unusual so any comments on this will be appreciated

hwise05
29-03-12, 10:59
Hiya steve,

I'm afraid I haven't experienced the sensation of forgetting to breathe however it does sound like it could be due to tension. Do you find yourself holding your breath and then having to remember to let it out? Do you find it hard to catch your breath? Is this something that occurs when your anxious or panicking?

Helen

Stormsky
29-03-12, 12:29
The great thing is you DONT have to remember... we are not concious breathers... our body does it all for us.... you may be concentrating too hard on your breathing, or feeling you have to take over during waking hours.... i mean, when you sleep your body does the job of breathing just fine....
the less you think about it, the less of an issue it will become...
Distract yourself, keep busy.... and if its too overbearing, then see GP