PDA

View Full Version : Taste of Blood in Mouth?

Steel
24-03-12, 22:35
Hello, I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but if it has I apologise in advance.

For the past month or so, I've sometimes had a blood-like taste in my mouth. Now, I think I read somewhere that you can get this when you've got anxiety issues, but due to having a gum issue that sometimes makes them bleed, I can't differentiate between whether this is anxiety, just the gums, or something else.

What I usually do is spit in the sink to see if my spit is clear. Sometimes it is even though I've got the weird taste in my mouth, and I can't see my gums bleeding either, so that's one thing that baffles me...

Now, I've spit in the sink when my gum has actually been visibly bleeding so I know that can look reddish/brownish/orange too. But sometimes when I spit and I have similar colours to my spit, I can't see if I'm bleeding in my mouth anywhere! So I don't know for sure if it's just the gums, or maybe something else...

I'll also mention that at the end of February I was really upset over something and cried hard when I was lying down in bed. I was crying so hard I coughed, and then suddenly tasted blood in my mouth, and when I spat in the sink there was that faint colouration I've been talking about. There was no sign of my gums bleeding at all that time.

That crying incident was I believe the second time I have tasted blood in my mouth. The first time was when my gum bled. Since then, it's been on and off my gums/something I can't identify.

I should also mention that over the summer I had all four wisdom teeth removed and would sometimes spit very lightly brown-coloured spit in the morning... is any of this at all related? Should I be worried and consult a professional?

Thanks in advance! Sorry for the long-winded post.