PDA

View Full Version : New member

Will Loynes
29-06-06, 11:47
Hi i'm Will,

I have been to this web site on several occasions now but have felt to nervous to do anything.
I was once a very out going person with a fantastic social life and strong career prospects, that has changed in the last 6 or so years tho!

I suffer mainly from anxiety with the odd panic attack thrown in for good measure. My peak was about 4 years ago when the panick attacks left me mentally and physically exhausted. I was taken from work to hosipital with suspected heart attacks, but nothing was ever diagnosed . Eventually I gave up work as the depression took hold. I have had CBT, psychiatric counselling and they dont seem to have had the effect I was hoping for, A CURE!! I am taking Lofepramine for my depression and anxiety, prozac and citalopram(?) made it much worse.

To cut a long story short (I tend to waffle), I now live with my wife as a virtual recluse, I have started to work again, only part time. I live under the constant cloud of panic/ anxiety/ depression. I have fallen out with most of my friends, and all of my family. I'm sure most of you are aware, as I am, it is so hard to make yourself understood.

My aim is to keep going, with a little help from some good freinds, and all of you!!!!!

Cheers for now

Will

hayles
29-06-06, 12:07
A very warm welcome to you will.
You will make lots of new friends her, and we all support each other on the road to recovery!

Big Hug

Hay x

chucklehound
29-06-06, 12:17
:DHi Will and welcome to the forum:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Granny Primark
29-06-06, 12:51
Hi will,
Youve certainly come to the right place for help, understanding and support. I know youl make many friends on here that will help you in so many ways. This website has certainly been a godsend to me. I really hope its the same for you. A very big welcome from me

Take care

Lynn

trac67
29-06-06, 14:15
Hi Will,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
29-06-06, 15:17
Hi Will,

Welome aboard. We are all here to help each other.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Karen
29-06-06, 15:19
Hi Will

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

marie ross
29-06-06, 16:16
Hi Will

Welcome, you are not alone in here. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for over 2 years now, and am currently going through a major blip. If it was'nt for everyones kind words and help here, i would of just given up by now. You will get a lot of good help and make some good friends here.

Take care.

Marie XXX

giddy
29-06-06, 16:24
Welcome to the forum Will
Love Helen

wobily_lin
29-06-06, 17:10
Hi Will,

A big welcome to the site. We all understand. You will get great support here and make great friends. Please feel free to pm or email or add me to msn. Glad to have u on board mate.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

emma chant
29-06-06, 19:26
A big welcome to you will,
Your get loads of advice here and support,also make great
friends.
xxx
:D

e chant

welsh_scared
29-06-06, 21:11
hi will

Welcome to mnp from me. I know exactly how you feel and i will chat with u anytime you like.

You will make plenty of friends here
tc hun

A bennett xxx

Daisybun
29-06-06, 21:21
Hi Will and welcome. You'll find lots of help and support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

emmy
29-06-06, 22:16
hi and welcome

you will meet some lovely people here and get all the support you need and information

emily xxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

clickaway
29-06-06, 22:42
Welcome Aboard, Will.

There are lots of us here who do understand how you feel.

Well done on getting employment again - that's a step in the right direction.

Think Positive!

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

chedda
30-06-06, 10:24
Hia Will and welcome to the site :D
im sure you will find lots of advice and help from on here and your not alone
take care cheryl xx

ceecee
30-06-06, 13:30
hi will,you will find lots of reassurance on this site,it helps when you know you,re not alone!take care rachelx x x

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 18:19
Will

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You say ....

"Eventually I gave up work as the depression took hold. I have had CBT, psychiatric counselling and they dont seem to have had the effect I was hoping for, A CURE!"

I am afraid there is no such thing. It has to come from within you and you can spend years doing counselling and CBT but unless you make the changes and work with them it won't help atall.

Start at the basics and work from there. Small steps at a time. It can be done but it is hard work and above all you have to WANT to do it. I am afraid that unless you work at it it won't happen.

We will give you all the support on here so I hope you stick around.

Nicola