View Full Version : Hi im new

Dannii
25-03-12, 10:56
Hello everyone. im new to this. i started taking citalapram last monday and im feeling worse at the min. im taking it for anxiety and since monday i feel constantly anxious.
please could anyone tell me if this will start to ease. ive been on citalapram in the past without these side effects.
xx

nomorepanic
25-03-12, 10:57
Hi Dannii

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
25-03-12, 11:10
Hi Dannii and :welcome:

It's very common to experience raised anxiety when starting SSRIs and it can feel pretty bad, I know. If you can stick it out, it will pass after a couple of weeks and you should start to feel better.

If it becomes so bad you're thinking of stopping, go back and see your GP as there are things which can help with the physical symptoms.

Take care

Pip xx

nicola1980
25-03-12, 11:34
Hi and welcome, unfortunatly most ADs can make us feel worse before we feel better and heightened anxiety is common but it will pass x x

Vanilla Sky
25-03-12, 21:55
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Stick with the Citalopram, it gave me my life back :D

Julianne
25-03-12, 22:32
Hello and welcome,

All SSRI antidepressants of which citalopram is one, take 2-4 weeks to kick in and in that time you may get side effects. This is true even though you were on it in the past since it is now out of your system.

If the anxiety doesn't go away go back to your GP, it could be that a more effective antidepressant and anti anxiolytic could be the solution. Citalopram does not always help anxiety and all of these medications affect people in different ways, what is good for one may not be for another so hearing someone say it was wonderful for them is no real help.

Follow your own best advice on this and maybe see your GP again.

Kind thoughts

Dannii
28-03-12, 10:37
Thank you for all your replies, ive only just noticed them, im not used to this site yet. I went back to gp on monday and she has given me stronger propranalol to take with the citalapram. im on day 10 now and fingers crossed side effects seem to be getting better as each day goes by. I am so pleased ive found this site, just to know others are going through the same and im not going mad is a real comfort xx

Julianne
28-03-12, 23:06
Thank you for all your replies, ive only just noticed them, im not used to this site yet. I went back to gp on monday and she has given me stronger propranalol to take with the citalapram. im on day 10 now and fingers crossed side effects seem to be getting better as each day goes by. I am so pleased ive found this site, just to know others are going through the same and im not going mad is a real comfort xx

No, you are not going mad, no way. So glad to hear that things are improving, give the meds time and also know that you are now alone 'coz, we all care about you so much okay!!!! :winks:

lee20
28-03-12, 23:08
a big warm :welcome: to nmp.... their are some lovely people on this site, and i hope you will get the support you need. take care

lee :D x

Deepest Blue
29-03-12, 00:17
Hi Dannii, welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a lot of help.

I think what you're feeling isn't unusual and I know that when I started taking them in the past I felt the same for a while, and it did start to ease a bit.

You said you were on the before without any problems, being on a different dosage might make the difference too.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Take Care.

cisco
29-03-12, 09:01
Hi Dannii,

I started to take them this week and yes I'm feeling anxious constantly as well. Even now whilst at work. I found it an effort to get to work on the train. Normally, I tend to relax whilst commuting but have not been able to these past few days. I'm told to stick with them for at least 3 weeks. I'm not sure about anyone else but my sleep pattern has gone out of the window and tend to be awake from 4am onwards feeling clammy and anxious.

Kendra
29-03-12, 09:52
Hi Danni,

I'm day 29 on cit 10mg, I had the start the same as you and other, but now I am starting to feel loads better! It does take a while for them to kick in, sometimes upto 3 months but it so worth it!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better now!! Take care and keep us updated!!

If you continue to feel worse speak to your GP again, as they may not be for you!!

Kendra x

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Hi Dannii,

I started to take them this week and yes I'm feeling anxious constantly as well. Even now whilst at work. I found it an effort to get to work on the train. Normally, I tend to relax whilst commuting but have not been able to these past few days. I'm told to stick with them for at least 3 weeks. I'm not sure about anyone else but my sleep pattern has gone out of the window and tend to be awake from 4am onwards feeling clammy and anxious.

Cisco, I was exactly like that!! It does go after a few weeks, honest.
Hope your ok?? x

Dannii
29-03-12, 11:27
I'm so pleased ive joined this site :) anxiety can leave you feeling very lonely, my boyfriends never been through it and really doesnt understand although he is being brilliant. Ive suffered on and off from anxiety since i was a teenager but over the last few years ive started avoiding places and making excuses. i dont want this to rub off on my daughter, im really gonna stick with the tablets this time.
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support :yesyes:.
Please bear with me because im not quite used to this site yet
xxxx

Kendra
29-03-12, 11:36
Dannii the site is fantastic. Its got me through loads of bad times and helped me loads!! I think I would have crumbled without it!! My hubby doesnt understand either but he has been great!! My mam has been my rock when I couldnt cope with me little boy. I know what you mean I worry about it rubbing off on him but lokking at him he is fine, cray lil tinker!!

This is my second bout of anxiety/PA's happened to me when I was 18, we get through it and come out stronger! Stick with the meds they will help you, i know they are horrible at first but I have no SE's now!! Sleeping better, easting better, feel better!!

Remember your not alone we are all here for you!! PM anytime you want too as well!!

Take care hun

Kendra x

Dannii
29-03-12, 11:47
Thank you Kendra, i really appreciate that. my side effects are starting to get better as each day passes and i am starting to feel a bit better, although i know it takes time. i am going to up my citalapram to 20mg in a weeks time.
If you need to talk im here too, so nice to know we are not alone xx

Kendra
29-03-12, 12:05
I have just been told to stick with 10mg for now and i' happy too. It seems to be doing the trick so far!!

So pleased your SE's are easing, you will feel so much better when the physical side of the anxiety goes!!

Take care hun

Kendra x x