PDA

View Full Version : Why Don't I Feel Better, Really Scared :(

hazy
25-03-12, 11:53
Last Tuesday I started with a temperature and lower abdom aches, went straight to Doc's who suspected Urine Infection although test was clear, he put me on 500mg of Amoxicillen and said stick with it.

As the days went by I gradually felt worse and worse and although no other symptoms than a temperature I returned to Doc's on Friday who sent off urine sample and took blood test.

At the moment I have a temperature of 38.1 and just taken paracetamol and my right cheek is on really hot. I feel really miserable, I am rarely ill like this and I am terrified its something really serious. The Doc said he couldnt prescribe anything else until I finish course of amoxicillin, could this prescrription not be strong or direct enough?

I feel so terrified he is going to rush me to hospital, worse nightmare,

LAURA48
25-03-12, 12:40
Hi Hazy - sorry you are feeling poorly. Your doctor obviously wants to wait for the urine sample/bloods to come back to see what the infection is sensitive to. In the meantime have you a local walk in centre you could go to - have you been sick at all? Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum antibiotic - see how your day goes - keep taking the paracetamol (do not exceed the stated dose) to keep your temp down.

See how the day goes and hope you feel better.