PDA

View Full Version : missed beat and dizziness

kinnygirl1
25-03-12, 19:51
just had missed beat then dizziness straight away - Is that a heart thing? worrying! Hate this so much. HA has me in its grip the last few days and I am scared I can't get out! :unsure:

Mick081081
25-03-12, 20:01
Hi Kinny, HA is a beast I hate it. Damn heart skips and dizziness are horrible. Try and focus on something else for a bit I know that's easier said than done! And no looking at symptom checkers on line/ health forums or you'll end up convincing yourself you have something horrible (Easier said than done again). Go and get in a nice warm bath and try to relax. It'll pass eventually. If you are really worried phone the NHS direct they might be able to put your mind at ease. Hope it passes soon, take care.

kinnygirl1
25-03-12, 20:05
thanks Mick - am doing my best to keep from consulting Dr Google- its horrendous when it just comes on even though you don't feel anxious. think I am driving my family mad.

Mick081081
25-03-12, 20:43
Sure your family will understand if you explain, My poor wife has been kept up till all hours with me at times bless her. Hope it passes soon for you and don't be afraid to go and see the doc and explain how your feeling. I just started Citalopram 13 days ago after a terror ride with prozac and it seems to be taking the edge off my wild thinking slightly. All the best and if you need a chat anytime feel free to email me or message anytime. Take care.

kinnygirl1
25-03-12, 21:24
Thanks again Mick - trouble is my family think I am all better after a bad episode in summer when I was off work for ages and I don't want to put them thru that again. Interesting what you say about the prozac - I am on it but when I spoke to my doc about it all he suggested was increasing the dose of the prozac.

Mick081081
25-03-12, 21:54
I know what you mean about worrying people but as they say a problem shared is a problem halved and i always find talking to people makes me see sense a little.

Ive been off work for 5 weeks and made it back doing bits last week just hope I keep improving day by day. Had a bad time on the old Prozac with the side effects etc but did the same to my uncle and brother so must be something in our genes that makes it disagree with us, not been too bad on the citalopram upto now- touch wood! Heard that increasing by 10 mg helps a lot of people so give it a go guess you won't know unless you try it.

Feel free to message/ email me anytime and I'll always lend an ear and try to put you at ease. Hope it improves and take care of yourself.

Mick.