PDA

View Full Version : Hello new here hoping for some help!

Annelou
25-03-12, 20:12
Hello everyone

This is my first post and I'm hoping it will be the start of me getting myself back together again!

I'm at 30 years old I have 3 beautiful children and wonderful husband, I have single friends that would love to have what I have and I know how lucky I am however I suffer from severe HA that is taking over my life.

I ve always been a bit if a drama queen and worrying over things that might never happen, but over the years it has progressively got worse and worse. Since I had my third child last year I have been obsessed that i have cancer, I have gone from breast cancer to cervical/overian cancer to lung cancer to bowel cancer! In-between this I have been having lots of missed heart beats so I convinced myself I had a heart problem even tho many doctors told me it was anxiety I was adminent it wasn't and of course eventually they gave some test and surprise the heart is fine! No sooner had I got the results then I was on to my next symptom all I now realise could well be caused by anxiety.
I spend my days goggling to see if I can reasure myself my symptoms are nothing to worry about but of course google tells me they are deadly! Every time I look at my babies I think Im going to leave you soon and I just want to breakdown!

Recently it has all come to a head and I know I need to get help, I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded and it's by far the scariest symptom I have I think because I have the children to look after, my vision keeps going weird not double or blurred just funny and with this I feel sick, it comes and goes but is quite frequent, I had my eyes tested all ok. Last week I woke up with a numb feeling around my left cheek and forehead went to docs told him all my new symptoms so he referred me to a neurologist to check it out, instead of feeling relieved I felt even worse obvously there is something wrong with me.

Woke up the next day with the most hurrendous headache, it was then my anxity completely took over and I went into a blind panic I thought I was going to die, I went to A&E in such a state, they gave me a ct scan and a lumber puncher and all came back clear, after a day they sent me home and advised
me to go attend my Neurologist apt, he did all the tests touch ya nose etc and declared all was fine and sounded like a migraine?! I still didnt feel any better why was my face numb before the headache and why is it still numb now days after? What is making me go light leaded and dizzy and feel sick?? None could give me any answers and I wad absolutely besides myself.
It was then I decided that I couldn't cope anymore like this i went to the doctors again and begged him for help! He was lovely really nice, he suggested for the first time ever that I may have some anxiety over my health? He had given me some diazepam as a very short term measure this week and some sertaline to take longer term, the diazepam is defiantly helping but I know I cant use it for long, he has also referred me for CBH so I'm hoping that will help too as I know I'm in here somewhere it's just the anxiety has taken over!

I'm still worried about my face and why it keeps feeling funny, I'm also mega stressed about the radiation from the ct scan but I'm trying not to let it take over.

I'm sorry it's such a long post i didn't intend it to be, but I feel better just for getting it all out!

diane07
25-03-12, 20:13
Hi Annelou

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
25-03-12, 20:44
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xxx

nicola1980
25-03-12, 21:27
Hi and welcome x x

Vanilla Sky
25-03-12, 21:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

LeahEllis
26-03-12, 11:35
I get a numb face too. It's just a part of being nervous I think. It goes once I sleep.

Bea66
26-03-12, 14:09
Hi Annelou
The numb face thing can be migraine. I get it before, during and after, sometimes it lasts for days. Its horrible, and worrying, but migraine can give you all sorts of problems, visual, dizziness, nausea, funny smells, and not even necessarily a headache! Strange, I know, but as a long term sufferer, I can assure you its true. Believe me, I took some convincing too!
I've suffered anxiety/health anxiety for years on and off, am having a bad spell at the moment, and am on betablockers for the panic, which helps with the physical side, which in turn makes it easier (though not easy) to cope with the mental bit. I hope you get some relief soon. CBT helps, but is hard work, but worth it xxx

mollymalloy
26-03-12, 15:09
Hi Annelou,
I could have written your story two years ago, I also had the numb face and headaches, pain down my left arm and ringing in my ear. I was sure something terrible was wrong with me. Had all the different tests and scans done but there was nothing wrong with me physically. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I was suffering from anxiety. I hope that you can get the help that you need to first cope with everyday and then to start to enjoy life again.
mollymalloy

EmilyK83
26-03-12, 15:44
Hey Annelou,

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time of things! Make sure you definitely go for the CBT - I had my first session last week and it was hard work but I can already tell it's going to make a difference.

Em x

Annelou
27-03-12, 13:41
Thanks so much for your replies it makes me feel better just knowing I'm not the only one xx