PDA

View Full Version : Late period - please help

louise0501
26-03-12, 11:04
Hey, my period is 8 days late and there is a slim chance I'm pregnant however I'm going to do a test later today. I can't really remember when I had my last period but I'm pretty sure it was 5 weeks ago. Could it be anything serious? My periods are really regular. Im seriously scared. Please any advice?

Please reply

Love louise xxx

Em84
26-03-12, 11:47
Hi Hun,,,,

I doubt it's anything serious at all...stress can do crazy things to our body,...I started a new pill well over month ago and bled for 3 weeks on it, it's now been 3 weeks since my cycle and I was due to come on over 2 weeks ago.

I've done a test and it's negative.

It could be that your pregnant which isn't a terrible thing I have 2 lol....

If the test is negative, give it a bit more time if nothing happens you could always ask your GP, I would recommend doing two tests though. Do one today and do the other first thing tomorrow morning...best time

Good luck!

Xxxx

sherylee xx
26-03-12, 20:33
hun its perfectly normal to be late or miss a period especialy those with anxiety as stress can make you late or miss a period i was 12 days late last month!! xx

louise0501
28-03-12, 23:30
Hey, still no period so now I'm 10 days late, I've only been a week late a few times and I've never missed a period. I'm really starting to worry. I have no other symptoms. Could it really be stress?

Please reply
Love louise

MissSunshine
28-03-12, 23:34
stress made me late i went 17 days over! can you imagine how scared i was!

I am sure your fine, the more you worry the later it will come.

all anxiety hun xx

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:05
Have you done the pregnancy test now?

louise0501
29-03-12, 00:45
Yea I did test and it was negative but I'm gonna do another one in a couple of days. I'm so scared there's something wrong with me.

Love louise

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:49
Nothing wrong - women skip periods all the time. Mine stopped for 4 months once then for 7 months. It is nothing to worry about.

I am sure you have had this before haven't you?

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:50
Yes you have ...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=98805

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:51
Next time just look back at your posts Louise and you can see you have had this before

anthrokid
29-03-12, 11:47
Hey Louise,

It is completely normal for your period to come late, or even for your body to completely skip it, especially if you are stressed.

If you've done a pregnancy test and it has come back negative then it really is most likely just to be irregular due to stress or just because your hormones are at different levels than usual.

If it worries you too much, give your doctor a call, but it does sound competely normal to me :)