PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting / double vision - scared

Katie*
26-03-12, 11:04
I was just about to post a new thread about how good I am finally feeling, but then something scared me. When I was walking my dog last night, I noticed that I was seeing 1,5 moon instead of one. I have problems with the tv too, but only when it's white on dark backgrounds. It tends to leave a trail, especially when I'm tired. The ghosting goes away when I'm wearing my glasses.

Also, when the computer screen is dark, I noticed that my reflection is wearing two earrings on each side instead of one.

Just went from content to terrified. I still have pins and needles in my hands at night, but it's a lot better now. But now I am afraid that all of these things are caused by MS. Could it be?

Ingenious
26-03-12, 14:07
The ghosting goes away when I'm wearing my glasses.

It could just be a natural side effect of not wearing your glasses. I get a little double vision after taking mine off while my eyes adjust and I have an astigmatism which is nothing to worry about but makes night time vision blurred sometimes and can give ghosting effects (I hate driving at night for example). I think the fact you're OK with your glasses on would suggest this is something fairly innocuous however the usual advice applies - it would be so hard if not impossible to diagnose this in a forum setting, so consider making an appointment to get your eyes tested. It could be as simple as needing new glasses.

Katie*
28-03-12, 11:28
Thanks for the reply. :) I just got new glasses a few months ago, I don't wear them a lot, though. I guess it's a good sign that they correct whatever's wrong with my eyes!

This morning (very early, after a night of drinking) I had a twitch in my right eye (I think - since I've had a lot of twitching under my right eye before), it distorted my vision for a few seconds, so now, of course, I'm terrified that something sinister may be going on. On a positive note, I have resisted the urge to google so far. Hope I can keep it up!

Ingenious
28-03-12, 17:36
Do you mean that your eyelid felt like it was twitching? I think this is quite common - it's nothing at all to worry about - I've had it before. It's distracting but nothing else. To be on the safe side though I Googled it for you and found this:

The most common things that make the muscle in your eyelid twitch are fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Once spasms begin, they may continue off and on for a few days. Then, they disappear. Most people experience this type of eyelid twitch on occasion and find it very annoying. In most cases, you won't even notice when the twitch has stopped.