PDA

View Full Version : New blog post - coping with work

EmilyK83
26-03-12, 13:59
Hey all,

Started a new blog yesterday to chronicle my journey through anxiety - I find writing really helps me to feel better about things, and if it helps anyone else too, even better!

I've written a new post today about coping with work when suffering from anxiety. Be good to hear your thoughts...

http://myanxietystories.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/coping-with-work/

Em x

Darrenb74
26-03-12, 16:52
Well done Emily. I used to write things down in two books, a positive and a negative. And before long the positives became much more that the negatives. So in a nutshell that is what i need to start doing again i think. So thanks for sharing your thoughts with others and that will help others too. I think what to many people do is keep there feelings to themselves and i'm not talking about on here. I'm talking about in there personal lives, with there family, friends and love ones. So again well done.

Darren :D

Shin
26-03-12, 20:38
Hi Emily

I can understand what you must be going through at work and I think you're winning the battle, don't worry too much about what other people in the office may or may not be thinking, I can guarantee you they have their own anxieties and problems which are very well masked just as we try to do!

It's just at the moment yours are a little more intense and I know once you have had a few CBT sessions you will be able to cope a lot better.

Things will improve and writing can be a big help, I've recently had a bit of anxiety return after a good spell but have got use to it now. And moving your desk into the corner was a great idea, who wants to be stuck in the middle of an open plan office? You can eat your chocolate now and no one will know :-)

Shin