PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Dr tomorrow, radiologist gave me results which were good, so why nervous??

robin321
26-03-12, 14:17
I went for an ultrasound on my neck last month (1 month ago today). I got the all clear from the lab technicial, who even went to confirm with the radiologist. My nodes looked ok and normal.
I was told by my Dr before the test to schedule a follow-up. So I did that, and it is tomorrow.

I was pretty good this month. Not too stressed about my neck cause ultrasound was ok. But suddenly with appt tomorrow I am stressed!! Even though it hasn't gotten worse, and the u/s people, includ radiologist said I was ok. I cannot help but be scared they noticed something after.

Stormsky
26-03-12, 14:20
Its just the fear of the unknown... but you had the all clear, so try and relax.
The follow up appt is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about.

Ingenious
26-03-12, 14:23
Totally agree with Stormsky, you're just having perfectly normal and natural fear of the unknown even though your brain tells you the results are OK. It's not long to your appointment so it will soon be over.

robin321
26-03-12, 14:35
Thanks guys! Your encouragment helps. I was kind of anticipating that I would be nervous last week (cause I know myself, and I usually can imagine the worst). I was ok, all until this AM. And then it hit me that the appt is tomorrow, and all the unknowns came to play (i.e what if he saw something else, what if the radiologist was just being nice and didn't mention something, etc..). Thankfully it will be over tomorrow, but I am disappointed in myself for letting my fears get to me. I guess I had hoped I had moved past it

Sazziesaz
26-03-12, 16:34
Ha Ha, just seen your reply on my post! Yes you are so right about the similarity thing! You would have heard by now if there was something wrong, your appointment is just a formality to dot the i's and cross the t's! Let us know how you get on, at least you can just sign it off after your appointment! I will give myself a week and if things don't improve I will think about getting another appointment.... gulp easier said than done!!

Sazziesaz
27-03-12, 12:32
How did you get on?