PDA

View Full Version : Hi

cisco
26-03-12, 17:59
Hello fellow sufferers. I've recently had a huge financial scare(brought on by overspending by wife). This has triggered massive insecurity issues and anxiety. I've been a nervous wreck ever since and briefly tried Citlopram for a few week whilst on stress leave. Now, I constantly think the world is going to collapse around me and although I have a small mortgage of £10k I think we're going to have the house repossessed. Does anyone else relate to my scenario? I look forward to your support because suicide was an alternative.

nomorepanic
26-03-12, 18:00
Hi cisco

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
26-03-12, 18:13
hi and welcome
Sorry to hear you are feeling so low...
Firstly, nothing as bad as you imagine is going to happen, and WELL DONE you for only having 10k mortgage left!!! mine is over 200k !
I think money is always a worry, losing jobs is a worry... if your wife is spending beyond your means then you need to make her aware of the pressure you are feeling due to it...
Has your GP suggests therapy /counselling?? someone to talk through your worries.
Nothing in life is worth taking your life for... your a long time dead, so have to make the most of the short time we are here...

We are all here to help you too.

Darrenb74
26-03-12, 18:15
Hello cisco. I'm not sure i could help with this because i haven't had to deal with what you have said. But you'll get some good advise from other members on here who have been through the same situations has you i'm sure. Just wanted to say hi. And like stormsky has said don't even think about that horrible word. Get positive and work out with help what you need to put things right again. Good luck

Darren :)

Pipkin
26-03-12, 18:54
Hi Cisco and a big, warm :welcome: to NMP

Pip x

cisco
26-03-12, 19:15
Thanks for your kind replies. I've just got back from the docs who agreed I should take some anti-depressants. I'm supposed to be in an evening class tonight but have problems with motivation. Is this normal?

I came across this website today in the hope of meeting others who have similar feelings and to get some support. There appears to be some fantastic individuals who have some great words of encouragement. is well as contact through the forum, are individuals encouraged to meet up?

Darrenb74
26-03-12, 20:27
I do have a big problem with motivation. I actually think that is what the main problem with most sufferers of anxiety, panic etc. And the meeting part. I think there is members who do meet up from various locations. I think there is a forum on here for meet ups?

Stormsky
26-03-12, 20:31
Motivation is hard with anxiety/depression... just getting out of bed is hard somedays!
I hope the meds help you. Worth a go anyway.
There is a chat room on the forum too, which you can join in on once youve been a member for 5 days.