PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Sian89
26-03-12, 18:06
Hello I've today been put on citalopram fr severe anxiety and depression, just a few hours after taking the tablet I have a horrible acid and burning sensation in my throat. Has anyone else had this side affect? Is there anything I can do to stop it?

Darrenb74
26-03-12, 18:28
Hello sian. I too get acid reflux and heartburn. I'm not sure if it is citalopram that causes it. I always thought it was my eating pattern and not really good diet. But maybe it is the meds. I take gaviscon if that is any help?

Darren :)

Sian89
26-03-12, 18:36
Hello sian. I too get acid reflux and heartburn. I'm not sure if it is citalopram that causes it. I always thought it was my eating pattern and not really good diet. But maybe it is the meds. I take gaviscon if that is any help?

Darren :)

Thank you for your reply! Ive never had this before so I am assuming it's the tablets! Im hoping it goes cause it's really not very nice! It's making mr worry so much more! Will try some gaviscon thank you!

Darrenb74
26-03-12, 18:38
You're welcome. I know it is not a nice sensation but it is nothing to worry about either :)