PDA

View Full Version : Back after a while...

pikaver23
27-03-12, 05:10
Hello there. I was actually on this form a while back after a very long, and tumultuous experience of panic. I have since healed, but the past few weeks I have felt a heightened anxiety. A lot has happened (had a tooth removed to begin it all...a falling out withe some friends...working as a full time teacher while pursuing a masters...negative changes at work...some issues with confidence thanks to a very nasty student...my cat was in the hospital which was emotionally awful and financially detrimental...and just recently a falling out with someone I thought was "the one") in the past few months and I am thinking this is what is bringing me back to the awful state I am in.

I am functioning fairly normally. I work and get through the day, but hardly eat and am usually feeling nervous and anxious. There has yet to be a full blown panic attack, but it rears its ugly head.

Anyway, I am just here to get some insight again. I have been to CBT classes offered by my health provider. I did them all last summer. I know that this is all in my head, but I just hope I can get back to what happy place I was in just before December.

Thanks for reading :)

nomorepanic
27-03-12, 05:16
Hi pikaver23

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

monika
27-03-12, 05:22
A lot has happened (had a tooth removed to begin it all...a falling out withe some friends...working as a full time teacher while pursuing a masters...negative changes at work...some issues with confidence thanks to a very nasty student...my cat was in the hospital which was emotionally awful and financially detrimental...and just recently a falling out with someone I thought was "the one") in the past few months and I am thinking this is what is bringing me back to the awful state I am in.

I am functioning fairly normally. I work and get through the day, but hardly eat and am usually feeling nervous and anxious. There has yet to be a full blown panic attack, but it rears its ugly head.

You've identified areas and situations in your life that have aggravated you and brought on some anxiety after a period of relative normalcy. It's good that you can point out these factors, so at least you have that to tell you you're okay and are going to be fine. In this instance you say you are feeling "nervous and anxious" throughout the day and have a lack of appetite. The loss of appetite is common in anxiety and is definitely being brought on by constantly feeling nervous. Even if you did have a full blown panic attack, what harm would it do in the long run? Imagine it happening...you'd get all the symptoms and feel horrible in that moment.. but you know it will eventually subside and nothing terrible is really going to happen! Don't despair. If you've been good a few months ago, some more insight and CBT should help to bring you back :yesyes:

Monika

Darrenb74
27-03-12, 05:37
Hello pikaver. Try remember what you did and what you was doing when you was healed and what got you their? ie was your diet better back then, did you exercise etc? And also i know it is hard to eat when you're feeling anxious but food and sleep are big factors in feeling anxious anyway. Try eating little and often or if that is to hard to do then take good supplements so your body is getting refueled. Which in return will relax your mind and leave you feeling less anxious.

Darren :)