PDA

View Full Version : what happens when your panic attack is over...

JoniEdwards
27-03-12, 06:09
Ive just had a panic attack, fast heart rate flushed face, difficulty breathing,scared,dizziness.nothing new really...what I'm wondering is how do you feel when its ask over right now I feel tired, weak, a bit shakey ad very sad. Does anyone else feel thi

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Sorry phone cut out, was meaning to ask if anyone else feels this way? After a panic attack that is.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

I always worry that I've worked myself into such a panic my heart won't recover from it

monika
27-03-12, 06:10
Yup that sounds about right. I feel all that plus more after an attack. You gotta imagine what your body just went through and the amount of adrenaline that was going through your system. Some describe panic attacks as the scariest moment of their lives, so your body isn't just gonna drop back down to normal mode after it happens, and for some, it can take hours to feel normal again. I had a panic attack that lasted the entire night. It was horrid. Usually, I end up crying after it's over just because it's so awful to endure! Haven't had one in a while though, but the memories are still clear as day.

JoniEdwards
27-03-12, 06:15
Its very scary, I just want to sleep and sleep afterwards. Thanks for the response =)

Em84
27-03-12, 07:09
Hi...

Glad your ok now.

After I've had a panic attack I get really really tired, headaches and a general feeling of being unwell if that makes sense
When I last had an attack about a week ago it was around 2pm and when it subsided i had to walk to get my son from school...I felt hungover it was horrible. When ,y husband got home I had a nap...

X

mistymoo
27-03-12, 14:22
i tend to want to eat something sweet the sleep

xvolatileheart
27-03-12, 21:09
I feel shaky, cold, tired, weak, upset, sick to my stomach. Your body has just had a huge hormonal rush so it's normal to feel like your body has crashed afterwards.

kittikat
27-03-12, 21:45
I usually feel exterme anxiety for ages after a full blown panic. It also makes me upset and rather angry with myself. Physically, I feel like I've been beaten to a pulp and completley drained and exhausted. But mostly really emotional that I allowed it to beat me yet again. Kitti :mad:

JoniEdwards
28-03-12, 04:59
Thanks for the responses everyone. Nice to know im not alone in this struggle