PDA

View Full Version : A question? scalp exercises

mollymalloy
27-03-12, 07:20
I have suffered from panic attacks for the last two years and then agrophobia the last nine months, Food/allergies related even though I have never in my life had any reaction to any food. This last month I have seen a lot of improvement in how I cope and have started eating food that were on my "not to eat list". I guess I saw the rediculusness of my list that was getting longer and longer. but I also looked up online exersises to losen up my muscles at the back of my neck and head and came across this one and have found it a big help.

Step number one in the learning process: Stand in front of the mirror and raise your eyebrows (contract the frontalis muscles). Step number two: Try to pull back your ears (contract the occipitalis muscles). There will be only a small, almost imperceptible, movement at first when you are trying to pull back your ears. The contraction of the muscles at the front of the head will be easy. These muscles are fully voluntary; the muscles at the back of the head will require a lot of work.

So my question; could the exercises really be helping me think straight? It has surely helped with the tension and eliminated the almost constant headaces I used to have.

RosieXXX
27-03-12, 15:29
Hello mollymalloy,

I have tried this exercise too - takes a little while to co-ordinate the movement, but it certainly does have a relaxing effect. Since you have found it useful to help to eliminate the constant headaches you were having, i am absolutely certain it must help you to think straight too - over all it seems this exercise is a really good relaxation technique. It is surprising how unexpected simple things, which we would never think about doing, can have a really positive effect.