PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram from pm to am

keta
27-03-12, 12:03
I have been taking Citalopram 20mg in the evenings so far as I worry I will feel really tired during the day but on the other hand I wonder if I would feel much calmer during the day if I took it in the morning instead. Also if I was going to change it shall I half the dose and take one in the evening and one in the morning or just miss evening out and take 20 in the morning?
It would be nice to hear from people who take it either time of the day how it affects them.

Thank you

Keta

Kendra
27-03-12, 13:07
Hi Keta,

I am currently on 10mg of cit day 27 today, I also take my in the evening. I was thinking about changing to the mornings as I am feeling a bit better and wanted to have a little drink on a evening but didn't want to mess with the meds?

So I would like to ask the same question! Sorry for butting in on your thread, hope its ok?

Hope you are well!!

Kendra x

daintydi
27-03-12, 15:52
Hi Both,
I changed from am to pm, because i wasnt sleeping very well on cit. I just took two in one day! no lasting damage!:yahoo:
Take care.:hugs:

morning_blues
27-03-12, 22:05
Hi, I went from am to pm then back to am again. I found am much better, as I didn't sleep so well when I took it at night and then still felt groggy in the morning. To change from night to morning I took it at lunchtime on the first day then morning after that (didn't want to skip a day). Worked absolutely fine.

ZD
27-03-12, 23:09
Hi Keta,
I take one just after breakfast and I m on 20 mg , I was at one stage taking it at night but found I could. It sleep , so have stuck to taking one in the morning instead when I remember I know that sounds awful , but I have a stressful job and and I m away from home most of the week so find it helpful to take it in the morning .
Good luck .xx
Zoe xx

Rushway
28-03-12, 09:55
I've been pondering this one too...

I take 10mg at night but find I wake early and am very jittery in the mornings until about lunchtime then it wears off and I then feel a lot better than I wasn't taking them at all...I took them at night to start with to try and avoid the side effects at work (I've had too much time off !!)

Now they seem to have settled down, I was wondering whether to take them in the mornings but it's that big 'What if' scenario again...will it upset me, will they start more side effects, will the anxiety start again, will I fall asleep...you know how it goes !!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I think it's a big question for a lot of people !

Stormsky
28-03-12, 10:08
I always took my meds at night... would have felt too sleepy if i took in mornings

keta
28-03-12, 14:47
Thanks everyone about their thoughts and Kendra & Rushway no worries about hijacking the post that's what is for. I might give it a go and try to swap it , I’m on day 13 so still having some side effects so i guess it shouldn't mess me up more as my body is still adjusting to the dose. I shall post how i got on ith it.

Thanks Guys