PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ....I FEEL SCARED

katyfitz
29-06-06, 15:38
Ive just finished work for a week my sister gets married on sat and i feel very nervous that i will faint or something terrible will happen to me in the church or anytime during the day. Today i got stressed out at work and it was horrible i was rushing around like mad and ever since suffering anxiety ive noticed i cant rush around or get stressed otherwise i begin to feel ill, i rushed and rushed got stressed with my colleague and ended up leaving in a huff then on my way to bus top i felt a pain in my side i found it hard to breathe like a tight chest felt all motion sickness and faint (lightheaded) and just like i wanted to get to a member of my family to be safe, now that im home i sort of feel better but i keep getting this lightheadedness and tension in eyes and numbness in face and its scaring me, i just wanna be better for sat and keep my chin up, im scared i will faint on the big day as thats my biggest fear because i feel so wierd in my everyday life like im floating or im feeling sick or im on a rocky boat.

Please reply if u have anything to say that might help me relax thanks for taking time to read x

hayles
29-06-06, 15:50
This is anxiety. Dont fight it love, it will make you feel worse.
Just roll with it, let it float past you and it will pass.

Your a bridesmaid right? You will be so busy that you will not even think about being ill! You wil get to the end of the day and think...wow I havent felt funny!

I get married next Saturday and i feel anxious about feeling ill. But i am trying to not think about it, let it wash over me, and besides as i say We will be far to busy to even think about it. Take your mobile (keep it switched off in cermony...lol)
and text me for reassurance.

Take some rescue remedy...or suck a polo...You will be fine.

Enjoy the day xxx

Hay x

katyfitz
29-06-06, 15:52
thanks hayles babe il defo text u, im just scared but i suppose if i was seriously ill in the past 11 months of suffering id of become bed bound by now x

hayles
29-06-06, 16:14
Yep your right x

Hay x

jackie
29-06-06, 16:32
katy i cannot make it go away but i can tell you that what you are feeling we have all felt many times

if it was me id bring me claire weekes book with me and have a read of it when i had a spare few secs in the loo.lol

try your hardest to know that you are anxious but safe

take care

jackie

chucklehound
29-06-06, 18:35
[^]Hope you feel better soon:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

pips
30-06-06, 11:09
I'm sure you will be fine. It's true you wil be so busy at the time you probably won't notice. If you do get panicky tell yourself it will be fine and if your standing still tell yourself that you are strong and grounded and will not faint.

I hope it all goes well.

Good Luck,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Ma Larkin
30-06-06, 15:16
Katy/Hayles, after being a bride twice (lol!!) the best advice I can give you is to make sure you have something to eat before the service. DO NOT stand in the aisle on an empty stomach. I fainted at my first wedding!! The 2nd time my best mate made me eat my breakfast in the bath!! I was absolutely fine. Concentrate on your breathing as well if you start becoming anxious. Hope you both have a fab day.

Les, xx

carlin
30-06-06, 17:58
Hi Katy, how exciting for you and your family. At a time like this, everyone will be nervous, but, i agree, you will have so much to think about on saturday, you will be fine. Do you remember how you felt before the 'hen' party? and how proud did you make us all feel! It will be the same at your sisters wedding, enjoy and let us know how wonderful it was! Hayles, good luck matey, you will be absolutely fine, again I can't wait to hear all the goss!!!!! xxxp.s every symptom you describe Katy, are due to horrid old anxiety trying to upset you!

ruthb1
30-06-06, 21:10
hi katy,

wow, you have got a lot going on, but you will have a great time, the pins and needles in the face are just anxiety i get it all the time, its just really worrying i even get the pains in the chest.

just be try and think positive and beleive me you will have the best day, you wont faint in the church just keep breathing and dont forget to smile for the photos

take care

ruth x x

cathy s
03-07-06, 20:32
Hi
Yes I've been there! If you even just take 5 mins out whenever you can to do watever you can to relax, you will feel better I'm sure. I know it's hard to feel you are relaxing when you are so tense, but I have felt the same way & found it helpfull.
How did you feel at the wedding?
Cathy

curlybird
04-07-06, 22:03
Hi Katy,

How did the day go? Did you get through without feeling ill? I hope so hunny.

When i was a bridesmaid for my friend I was in the church and I think i felt more nervous than the bride when we were walking down the aisle. When we got to the end of the aisle i felt like crap so i concentrated on a statue on the side of the wall until the feeling passed. It only lasted a few minutes and after a few deep breaths I was able to enjoy the rest of the ceremony. (I think the statue felt a bit weirded out though - lol!)

Hpe you are ok
luv curly X