PDA

View Full Version : C Section booked for 3rd april

xJust_Sarahx
27-03-12, 13:32
Hi
Im going into hospital next tues to have a c section because last pregnancy when i was givin birth there was complications so it meant i had to have an emergency section so its been decided that this time it will be elective. However im getting really anxious because its only a week a week and i have 3 kids already and im just worried that im not going to make it through. What are the chances of me dying? i feel my heart wont be able to cope with it, and this week could be the last week i have with my kids so im trying to make the most of it but i cant because the way i am :(

just need some reassurance that not many people die from things like this and how long does an overall section take to do. Im dreading it to be honest that when i have the epidural and im numb downwards that i will freak out cos i remember last time that i could take a deep breath in properly and i hated the feeling

Rachel1984
27-03-12, 13:47
I think nowadays it is VERY RARE to die after having a C-section. I, too had complications with my last birth and although I am not pregnant at the mo, I hopefully will be soon and will also have to have an elective operation. I can totally relate to your fears but hopefully everything will go smooth and you'll be home safe and sound with your little bundle of joy!
xxx

eternally optimistic
27-03-12, 19:34
Hi Sarah

You'll be just fine, like Rachel said, it is such a normal procedure these days.

It must be a very unusual feeling, being aware but, just remember the end result.

Try not to worry too much and speak with your midwife about your issues, she may be able to put your mind at rest.

LOTS OF LUCK FOR THE COMING WEEKS AND, REMEMBER TO POST HOW YOU GOT ON.

Best of wishes.

LeMa79
27-03-12, 20:28
I am due in June and am also worried. My last baby was born with no complications, but I have since started having palpitations and am papping it that my hear will cause problems in labour. It i horrid to continually worry, and my ectopics have been really bad since being pregnant this time - I cant walk up the stairs or take a deep breath without it setting of a run of palps!

However I am sure we will be fine. Just think - in 2 weeks time you will have your gorgeous baby and be too busy to remember you were worried. I hope everything goes really well for you sweetie. Lxx

sahara
27-03-12, 20:34
Hey don't worry I had an emergency section 1st time and a planned section 2nd time and honestly? I loved it! They dropped the screen when he was born so I culd see him with the cord still attached, the surgeons were laughing and joking with me, the radio was playing, and I had a a possible clotting problem and they had an xtra 2 units on stand by for me. End result I lost the minimum amount of blood possible and I had no worries cos they were prepared for me, unlike if I had ended up with another em section. I know its hard but try and enjoy it, and just think you get a beautiful bubba at the end x

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Oh I think i went to theatre at 10 and was out by 11ish, I think the actual section took half an hour 40 mins the rest was prep!