PDA

View Full Version : when is the best time of day to take .....

miniminx
27-03-12, 13:57
when is the best time of day to take citalopram. when do you find it works best ?
Ive started splitting my dose today as the 40mg at once is giving me horrible anxiety (ive only been on them 17 days and stupidly took it on myself to take 40mg as a starting dose and not 20mg!). im trying 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night.
what do you think? x

rosieposie
27-03-12, 14:32
I started on 10mg and worked up to 20. I think what ever time you take it is personal to you but a pharmacist I saw latley recommended to take it in the morning. Saying that I usually take it at night.
20mg Seems a high starting dose but you probaby need to speak to your doctor about that.
God luck. The horrible beginning symptoms will go away soon. Infact at 17 days in you are nearly there!
xx

miniminx
27-03-12, 15:24
hi , im taking 20mg in the morning AND 20mg at night and yes its a high dose cos i did it all wrong by starting myself on this ridiculous amount! :ohmy:

Ingenious
27-03-12, 15:41
You'll get lots of different answers to this one. My GP told me to take it at night because I was terrified of side effects when I started and they reckoned in that way I should sleep through them. But I didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night feeling ill, so I always used to take mine first thing in the morning :) My GP also did say I could split the dose into AM/PM too if I wanted.

Although 40mg is a high dose to start with at least you know once the side effects are over, it's all the hard work done!