PDA

View Full Version : Dull ache to the left of my throat!

lalouba
27-03-12, 15:33
Firstly, I'm new here, so hello!

I've had this problem the majority of the time for the last three months or so, and obviously the dreaded big C has been plaguing my mind since it started.

I have a nagging ache in the front of my neck, to the left of my throat.

I poke and prod (as you do, haha) and can feel all sorts of lumps and bumps, but I'm not sure what's supposed to be there and what isn't!

It feels somewhat like there is a small sharp object stuck in the left side of my throat.

I'm so tired of this now and the worry it causes, but the doctors either tell me not to worry or that it could be GERD (with no heartburn or obvious stomach issues?) so I'm unsure about what to do!!!

Has anyone else had this and found out what it is? Dr. Google isn't offering much in the way of comfort!

Thanks all. X

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Some quick info, I'm 24, female and an occasional smoker. I smoked 10-15 a day from age 15 until my pregnancy in 2010.

Mick081081
27-03-12, 16:24
Hi there,

If you look at the thread about lymphnodes many people have lumps in there necks including me have a read through everyones posts that might help. If the doc is not sending you for test etc then I guess he/she isn't too concerned but push him/her to let you have some tests if it will make you feel at ease as there's nothing worse than living in fear.

Also you said you poke and feel the area a lot this may cause the area to become irritated I know if I mess with mine they get larger so try not to poke them and see if that solves the aching.

Another thing to do is keep away from Dr Google you'll end up convincing yourself you have the worst diseases known to man also keep off the health forums for the same reason.

It's not nice worrying all the time so I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Mick.