PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you find your sex drive is less than it was before anxiety/depression?

GirlAfraid23
27-03-12, 18:45
I have extreme anxiety/depression as people may have read in my other posts.
It has recently affected my sex drive greatly, its causing problems with my partner but I would rather just read a book then go to bed or just watch a film together.
I used to love being intimate and TMI coming up but...I now tend to cry unintentionally after its "finished" for me, without being too detailed on the forum! I've heard some people do get emotional afterwards because its such a big rollercoaster but its affecting me because I don't want to carry on as I know I'll be crying and im always thinking about my health anxiety - does it hurt during sex etc...:(

littleredhen
27-03-12, 21:32
yes, i believe it's known/common/researched. Depression has a big effect on libido as do many of the meds.

Stormsky
27-03-12, 21:33
Yes depression effects big time your sex drive

emmasaurus
27-03-12, 21:49
Yes, alas. I still think about it a lot, it's just I'm not that interested in actually doing it.

swgrl09
28-03-12, 22:21
Yes definitely. I find I dread it sometimes. I just don't have the energy anymore. Since I've been doing EMDR though it has gotten back up a little bit, though not back to normal yet.

Lizziesaurus
05-04-12, 20:43
Thank goodness others have these problems! A few years ago I never had issues with sex yet now it's the most akward and hardest thing to get into. Typically I'm in the best of relationships and I'm trying so hard to make an effort. I really wish it came naturally but I'm just never in the mood anymore. It's so irritating :(

Kate21
11-04-12, 20:06
Thank god I found this thread! I'm currently doing well with my EMDR and almost back to normal. However I've met a man that I really like and I just can't enjoy sex that much. I used to love it :-(
I'm putting it down to meds but I don't want to come off them yet as I've only just got better. Or should I just stop taking them and hope for the best?

NCoxie
07-10-15, 14:39
Omg. I've been looking for people that feel the same! I used to love sex. In fact this issue has been a great source of further fuel of anxiety and depression. My boyfriend of 7 years has been so understanding and supportive about this. Just fretting too much!

GingerFish
09-10-15, 09:10
Tbh I have never been a highly sexual person to begin with but yes, any sex drive I had pretty much completely vanished as soon as I started to have severe panic attacks and anxiety. We're all girls here so I'll be blunt, I used to love using toys with my partner. I could use a vibrator 10 times a day and still be up for using it again and it was great but ever since I got anxiety, I'm lucky if I use it once a month now and sometimes it makes me panic afterwards because after reaching orgasm, my heart races and I feel dizzy and these feelings can bring on a panic attack even though I know what caused it.

littlelostsoul
09-10-15, 10:25
Yes my sex drive took a nose dive much to my bfs disappointment, I used to have a high sex drive and now its just died. My bf is supportive and I try to satisfy him when I am feeling ok but I certainly don't get any satisfaction from it.