PDA

View Full Version : bloating in the evening

sahara
27-03-12, 21:19
Getting worried as when every evening when I lie down on the bed with my son to get him to sleep my stomach bloats and really painful. It only gets better when I start passing alot of wind, what could it be? i keep think ovarian cancer, haven't googled yet so please save me before I do :)

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

please anyone I am hovering over google now and I really don't need to go into a full blown panic :(

nomorepanic
27-03-12, 21:25
Sounds more like IBS to me.

Do you only ever get it a night when laying down?

sahara
27-03-12, 21:31
it always seems to be after I lie down yes, and I only really lie down when I put my son to bed and then it flairs up for the rest of the evening, although it would happen in the afternoon when I lie down ty x

nomorepanic
27-03-12, 21:56
Do you get any other symptoms

All I can think of is acid indigestion/reflux as that happens when you lay down as well

Not sure though to be honest

jaynehal
27-03-12, 21:58
Hiya

Defo sounds like ibs I'm going through this at the minute, exactly the same symptoms.

Do not google lol

Jayne xx

sahara
27-03-12, 22:01
OK thank you, no other obv symptoms, it has happend for years but infrequently, now all the time :( Off to the drs I go I guess, just must not panic, how long has yours been going on Jayne? Have you been to the drs?

jaynehal
27-03-12, 22:09
I've had ibs on an off for 10 years but having a bad spell at the minute as I've been very anxious since oct 2011 with one thing and another, usually serious illnesses that I constantly think I have, it's very difficult having health anxiety mine started when my dad died! I have bloating every day along with sickly feeing, either diarrhoea or cant go and my stomach just doesnt feel right, been docs and they felt my stomach and gave me mebeverine for ibs and they said see how I get on, I've also had bladder problems, ITS ALL ANXIETY

Jayne xx

sahara
27-03-12, 22:12
yeah I hope so, its so damn uncomfy, but only occurs after I have lied down, gah, hate HA x

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

anything I can do to reduce the symptoms?

sahara
29-03-12, 21:26
Oh its happening again haven't made the dr appt as i have just started relaxing after my smear and I don't want to start panocking again, completley blown up and windy and uncomfy afer laying down not before anyone else had this?

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

and now its causong pain in my shoulder

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

It seems to have gone now, good sign, if it was more serious it would be more consistant?