PDA

View Full Version : Is CBT really useful in health anxiety?

Indianbro
28-03-12, 08:10
Hi , i am new to this forum. I am suffering through the health anxiety from last 3 yrs but its like on and off. for last one year it was not that severe or i was enjoying my life but from begining of this year it has again started and it is really hampering my daily life. i always remains upset and can't maintain the healthy environment at home. Could you pl. share some of your experiences or let me know if CBT really works. I dont know much about CBT, just came to know through googling. Also is it possible to undergo CBT from remote location since as i stay in india.

Stormsky
28-03-12, 08:24
Hi, its worth trying CBT... it doesnt matter whether is health anx, or general anx, its all about reprogramming your thoughts, no matter what they are about...
Im not sure whats available in India, but i believe there are some online CBT courses you can get...

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

have a look at this-
http://cognitivetherapyonline.com/cbt4panic/

AnxiousAnnie18
29-03-12, 18:04
I had health anxiety but was treated with CBT for it and I can happily say I no longer suffer! I get the odd worries now and again but using the tools I learnt with CBT I am able to calm myself and rationalise my worrying thoughts so I would definiately say try it! Good luck!