PDA

View Full Version : feeling worse.today...

miniminx
28-03-12, 10:15
hi guys if youve seen my posts youll see that ive been on my citalopram for 17 days or so now but stupidly started on them myself as i had some in the house at 40mg..and everyone says that im getting the side effects of more hightened anxiety etc because of the high dose...so instead of taking it all at once ive started to take 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night.(started doing that yesterday)
ive had no let up with my anxiety and have had it for 20 days now and today i feel even worse.....
I keep thinking how much more can my mind take before i flip and lose the plot and collapse completey not know what , where who i am , or start seeing or imagining things etc im so scared.........:lac:

Stormsky
28-03-12, 10:20
Perhaps you should call GP and get a telephone appt... maybe 40mg a day is too much, perhaps just 20 a day would have been better...

nicola1980
28-03-12, 10:29
Hi i honestly think your on a too higher dose, 40mg is the highest you can go on cit and its certainly not the reconended starting dose, try and get to see your gp or lower your dose to 20mg for a bit x x

miniminx
28-03-12, 10:38
shouldnt i be over the side effects by now though? xx

nicola1980
28-03-12, 10:39
Not if your dose is too high x x

cisco
28-03-12, 10:48
Hi,
I only started back on Cit yesterday as I took them for almost two weeks going back a month or so ago but they didn't seem to have any effect. Now the doc wants me to take them for atleast 3 weeks.

I hope your well and truly over the panic attack and keep in touch with everyone on here because there are some great tips given out.

LAURA48
28-03-12, 10:50
Hi - the dose is far too high - speak to your GP.

Stormsky
28-03-12, 10:55
Youve been on them before havent you? so you should know how long the effects were first time?
Call your GP, for a chat. Im sure 40mg is too high.

miniminx
28-03-12, 12:10
Hi guys ive been to my gp and hes put me down to 20mg saying he didnt realise id started myself on 40mg!!! he thought id said 20mg!!
he told me im not going mad!, not going to end up losing the plot, etc etc
im still panicking alot, but i guess thats cos i had 20mg at 7pm last night and another 20mg at 7am today!
thanks folks for all your help xxxxxx
now ive set myself off worying wondering if 20mg is enough to stop me feeling this way? my panic hasnt left me yet. my anxiety is with me most of the day and eases off at night........why is that? xxx