PDA

View Full Version : Awkward. Red stool

swgrl09
28-03-12, 12:55
Just went number two and there was red chunks in it. Also pink and red when I wiped. I have eaten a decent amount of salsa and had tomato sauce in my pasta. Could it just be from that? Should I worry?

nomorepanic
28-03-12, 13:01
Yes most likely from the food.
Wait and see what happens next time

swgrl09
28-03-12, 13:21
Thanks. It's happened before when I've had tomatoes or peppers, just this time seemed like a lot more than before and everything online makes it seem like its def cancer. Though I did have salsa twice in the past two days and tomato sauce once.

Rushway
28-03-12, 13:49
Hi,

This is very common and not anything to worry too much about..it's probably is your recent diet but as the previous post said just keep an eye on it for the next few days....should resolve itself.

I've had the odd incident with blood many times over about 25 years and at first I panicked and need answers etc. Turns out its either a pile or a slight cut(anal fissure) which both heal themselves eventually..

Please don't worry but if it keeps up, after a few days, just get it checked out....

nomorepanic
28-03-12, 13:50
The body cannot digest tomato skins so they will usually appear in a stool

swgrl09
28-03-12, 16:50
Went again, def think its blood. It's so bright it's almost pink. Now I'm freakin! I'd have no reason to have hemorroids so I'm scared. No pain or anything.

nomorepanic
28-03-12, 16:55
Is it blood in the stool or just coming out of your backside and on the toilet paper?

I had a fissure (tear) a few weeks ago and the amount of blood that came out scared me to death but it was ok

swgrl09
28-03-12, 17:08
It's along the stool and when I wipe

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Got an appt this afternoon in a few hours but terrified!!!!!

Jamesk
28-03-12, 17:15
I am sure you will be fine and it will be perfectly innocent, but just to say whatever you are doing the right things.

In recent years (well the last 10 or so) 3 of my friends (much older than you!) have been diagnosed with bowel cancer, all three went straight to their doctors with the first symptom were treated and now have an absolutely clean bill of health. Same happened with anotehr friend of mine 20+ years ago and he is still going strong.

They are getting much much better at treating this when they catch it early..

As I said I am sure you will be fine, but doing the right thing to go early.

swgrl09
28-03-12, 17:41
Thanks. Can sitting all day at work cause piles or hemorrhoids? I do that. I just got engaged over the weekend and was so excited and now im scared I will have Colon cancer and won't make it to the wedding. Stupid and getting ahead of myself. Is it possible to have piles that don't hurt? I was really constipated months ago and straining but have been fine since adding fiber to my diet so i don't think that's what this is.... Ugh

swgrl09
28-03-12, 22:13
Just got back, I've got an internal hemorrhoid. Beautiful. But very glad it's nothing bad. Doc says it may act up randomly from time to time, but nothing to worry about.

nomorepanic
28-03-12, 22:17
There you go see - good old piles - it is 99.9% of the time when the blood is bright red.

swgrl09
28-03-12, 22:18
Thanks for the good advice! Sometimes just the sight of blood somewhere you are always told it's not supposed to be is quite frightening. But I'm glad I went to the doc.

swgrl09
29-03-12, 13:34
No bleeding today so far, thank god! Even though I know what's causing it, it's still pretty disconcerting

Jamesk
29-03-12, 14:02
No bleeding today so far, thank god! Even though I know what's causing it, it's still pretty disconcerting

But you know now that it is, at worst a discomfort so :yesyes: Really pleased for you.

Remember what Mel Brooks said haemaroids are like medals, sooner or later every old ****hole gets one.

swgrl09
29-03-12, 16:03
Haha, that's true, but I'm 23!!! My fiance is making fun of me for having them, oh well he'll get them sooner or later.

AnxiousAnnie18
29-03-12, 17:59
I was just about to say piles but then read you had been to the docs! I'm 18 and have them too.. such a great thing to have when your young! (ha ha) Glad you got an answer though and put your mind at rest, lots of fibre, water and excercise will help and keep some creams handy just incase those pesky things decide to make an appearance again!