PDA

View Full Version : Nose Bleed While Asleep

Jakey Bhoy
28-03-12, 13:25
Hi everyone need advice,

Woke up a few hours ago and noticed I had a nosebleed overnight. There was a lot of blood and felt faint. After resting and eating I felt better.

The nose bleed has only happened in my right nostril the same one that always bleeds when I have the cold or hay fever.

I remember waking up through the night and it was sore I don't know if I hit it or something but I want to know if it bleeds in just one nostril is that good? and what does it mean?

Any help would be great thanks,

Jake.

robin321
28-03-12, 14:05
I had a lot of them this winter, all in the same nostril. I think it is common, especially when the air is dry. But it can be from any minor irratation. And once it starts, it may happen a few times since the area is moist and slower to heal.

Do not worry about it!

Ingenious
28-03-12, 17:31
Sounds like you just knocked it in your sleep, maybe you had an itch and partly woke up, scratched it, fell asleep again? I've had a nose bleed in the night before and it's a panic seeing blood on your pillow when you wake up but not a sign of anything at all AFAIK - just a nose bleed.

JMR
29-03-12, 11:47
I awoke the other week to find my nose bleeding (all over the freshly laundered bedding too!!!) & then last week my Mum rang me to say that she'd had a bad nosebleed too. I remember Mum used to have them frequently when I was young & I also seemed to have episodes when I was younger. Always bleeds from my right nostril. I think it is quite common & I wouldn't worry.

Jakey Bhoy
29-03-12, 13:54
Thanks for the answers everyone.

Well its been over 24 hours since and managed a nights sleep without one. But if it happens again I'll go to the doctors.