PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness and diazepam

xxlisaxx08
28-03-12, 19:07
Last night at 12.30am I took diazepam for the first time due to anxiety from trying to start on sertraline. It didn't seem to make me feel tired after taking it as I didn't fall asleep till 5.30am. I didn't wake up till 1pm today but I feel like I haven't slept at all today and the tiredness is making me anxious. Could this have been caused by the diazepam? It was a 2mg pill.

Thanks

Lisa x

london
28-03-12, 19:14
take it a bit early see how that is
god bless

Lainie1
28-03-12, 19:27
All tablets affect people in different ways. 2mg is a very low dose but probably because you were anxious it didn't work for hours after you'd taken it, then the effect did "kick in" and you slept for so long.

I know from experience that diazepam can make you extremely tired the next day, in fact I feel lathargic most of the day, even after I've taken a low dose.

kittikat
28-03-12, 21:06
Hi....I take 12mg a day and still don't sleep too well but It can make you feel tired and/or bit groggy next day. 2mg is a very low dose, I'm not sure it would affect you that much. You don't say if you have actually started your sertraline yet, if you have this could also have an effect on your sleeping pattern. Hope this helps a bit. Kitti :)

xxlisaxx08
29-03-12, 00:37
I've taken another 2 pills today and I'm just about to take another which is fine as the doc told me I can take up to 6 a day. I'm finding today that when they wear off my anxiety feels unbearable which I don't want as I don't want to have to become reliant on them. I'm still exhausted too but I still don't feel like I can sleep which is frustrating. I suffer pretty bad insomnia and I was hoping the diazepam would help this too which it seemed to do last night - it just took a while to get to sleep!

If the exhaustion is caused by the diazepam, will I eventually adjust to them and not feel lethargic the next day? I'm not that sure I want to continue taking them regularly as I don't want to begin thinking I can't cope with anxiety without them, because I have for the last 10 years - but it's been a nice break being able to get rid of it within 30 mins :)

Lisa x

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

I'm only taking a quarter of 50mg sertraline so I doubt that's even doing anything at all to me. I'm terrified of meds. If you'd have told me 2 weeks ago I would be taking them both I would never have believed you - but the last week has been hell and I've tried everything else and only had limited success so the medication route was the only option left. Here's hoping it works! X