PDA

View Full Version : new relationship

Joe C
28-03-12, 20:08
hi guys, how is everyone on this fine evening? So Ive met a beautiful girlfriend and Im really happy.

The problem is this, I have told her a little lie, nothing big but it was silly. It was something she would've never found out about. Due to my anxiety and worrying I've come clean and shes completely fine about it.

The problem is due to my OCD I keep thinking "oh I haven't really come clean to her, what if she doesn't actually realise I was lying" So I then casually talked to her over text about coming clean so I had some proof on my phone that I could read.

Now I have that evidence on my phone that she knows I was lying and I've come clean, my brain keeps telling me she might of misunderstood the texts and I feel like I need reassurance from her, but I dont want her to become pestered so I dont want to bring it up again!

Any suggestions? God I hate OCD!

PS sorry if Ive rambled

Joe

paula lynne
28-03-12, 20:25
Hi Joe x
So youve been over this with her, yes? If there was a problem, youd know about it by now, trust me Im a woman lol! Youve come clean, so let your conscience be clear now. Dont tell lies (even little ones), so you wont have to worry about covering up/coming clean...........tonight, give your OCD the finger and look forward to a great weekend with a gorgeous girl x
Paula x

Pipkin
28-03-12, 23:00
Hi Joe,

You've done the right thing and your girlfriend is ok with it. Everyone goes through similar things in a relationship and as you get to know each other better and as the relationship develops, this will become less and less of a problem as you'll understand her feelings better.

Try your best not to dwell on it too much (hard, I know) and look forward to the next time you're seeing her.

Take care and good luck

Pip x